Love is blind | Teen Ink

Love is blind

By FireWaterBurn BRONZE, Älvsjö, Other
FireWaterBurn BRONZE, Älvsjö, Other

N/A
I have a lot of favorites.

Intro

I was confused the first time she touched me. I didn't know how to respond to it, but it was nice no matter how weird it felt. I hope she remembers me tonight. I hope she doesn't...

It was in the middle of the spring semester. I was sitting on the edge of the fountain in front of my school, holding a bottle of Coke and some M&Ms, listening to emo-screamo-hardcore noises when she caught my eye. I remember it so well. At least I think I do. I might have embellished it a bit. But I digress. She was wearing a beautiful flower-patterned skirt, pink tights, a white t-shirt with black roses on the shoulders, a lightblue hat with all kinds of flowers on it and white sunglasses. It almost looked like her golden retriever (which had a purple harness with silvery studs on it) was guiding her. The harness had a sort of stroller-looking handle instead of a leash. But maybe this was nothing weird. Maybe she just preferred the handle.

She was glowing. She looked so happy. But there was still something about her that made me feel a bit worried for a reason. She was wearing so many bracelets..

Chapter A

I'm a sad person. Haha, I'm really depressed. My dad left my family when I was 9 and my mom killed herself when I was 12. I started cutting when I was 11. I was so done with life. So done that when the police came to investigate the gunshot, I stole the gun and hid it in the rosebushes. I wanted it for myself. I wanted it so I could die too.

I can't even look myself in the mirror without getting chills. My arms and legs are hard to make out because of all the scars I have. I look like a 100 year old pine. That's why all the bracelets worried me. It's a perfect way to cover up scars. So yeah I kind of sort of decided to follow her to see where she lived the next time I saw her. I just wanted to talk to her.

My name is Josh by the way. I'm 17 (18 in august) and I was born in Venice, Italy. Sadly though, my parents decided that we shouldn't live in Italy, so I don't know any italian. I've lived in Texas my whole life but since all my friends were internet-friends and thereby, I've lived a bit all over the place heh. I like Texas though. It's nice here.

I got my parents house back from the houselord when I was 15. I wanted to live and make a living on my own. I had lived at my aunts' house until then. She's lovely and all, but I wanted to be independent. I wanted to live a life where I didn't have to make sure I wasn't the only one comfortable.

I study psychology at the university of Houston. I have 2 more years to go at this school. IT SUCKS. I just want to go away and travel and stuff. Now, the education is amazing and since the school is so close to my home, I can live there instead of in a dirty dorm room with people I don't like. I also have

a cute little husky puppy that I got from my uncle when I turned 17. He means the world to me and it's perfect to live so close to home so I can go out for walks with him during lunchtime.

Okay fine you've heard enough about me, I'm not the important part of this story. This story is about her. The most beautiful girl ever. I'll begin talking about it from where I lost my way haha.

Chapter B

She passed through the schoolyard and into the school. I didn't really recognise her. She didn't go there to study did she? Was she a substitute teacher? I had no idea. I thought she looked like she was about my age, but you never know. As I went back into the school when the bell rang, she was walking away from our principal, smiling, waving. He didn't wave. He just smiled a little and said "Take care now!". She giggled. "You too dad, I love you!"

I got a bit perplexed.

"My principal is her father? Goddamnit. Well I might as well ask him what her name is."

My daughter?, he said. "Her name is Angelica, but she likes being called Angie. Why are you asking?"

Oh no reason really. I just thought she was very pretty, I said.

He smiled and told me to hurry in for class. I spent the whole rest of the day thinking about a way to talk to this girl.

Chapter C

I collected enough courage to interact with her. She started visiting my school at noon every day. Well, visiting her dad I guess. She ate her lunch in the company of him.

I had figured out a plan because of this fact. I was going to go up to her while she was putting food on her plate, bump into her very softly, slip a note that said "Meet me at the crying birch down at the river at 10 Pm", say 'sorry I was daydreaming' and just walk away.

I'm a very trustable person. I f I tell you that I'll be doing something, I will. She was as usual very pretty. Her braided hair and a flowery tiara, I almost fainted.

I went down to that very location at 9.30 and started placing out the picnic I had prepared. At 10 flat, she came walking towards the tree with her dog close by. Once again it looked like she was being guided.

Chapter D

She didn't see me. I called her over. "Angie I'm down here!"

She came walking towards me and let her dog run freely. I was instantly overwhelmed by a very, very wet tongue. She laughed. "That's my dog Spyder, he's like my best friend"

I see he likes to kiss, I said. "But who could blame him?"

She laughed again. "So who are you?"

My name is Josh and I study at the school where your dad works, I said and smiled. "Come and sit down, I've got some fruits and berries for us"

She called for Spyder, took a hold of his harness and started walking towards the blanket that I had spread over the damp grass. She sat down as she felt the soft fabric underneath her.

Do you have any apple-pieces?, she asked me with a smile. "Cause Spyder loves apples and he's been such a good boy!"

Why yes of course, I said as I proceeded to hand Spyder about half an apple.

We sat and talked for a while until she got awfully silent.

"Josh? May I please touch your face to see what you look like?"

I was confused. What did she just ask me?; Yes, I said out of sheer confusion.

She put her hands on my forehead and continued to gently stroke my face with her fingers that were soft as rose petals.

I asked her why when she removed her hands and smiled.

I.. I am, she stuttered. "I'm blind. I have a decease that slowly turns off certain parts of my body."

She got quiet. I took her hand.

Angie, I haven't known you for a very long time but you're perfect just the way you are. You're beautiful, I said.

You too Josh, she responded and smiled.

She put her hand on the back of my head and pulled me closer. We kissed.

Chapter D

It's been 2 years since I've told you all of the above. I'm done with school and I'm now ready to spend the rest of my life with Angie. I really do love her. But she's getting worse and she's starting to develop a deeper depression than she's had so far. I love her. I hope she gets better. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Her mother -the person who read my note to Angie and thereby got us together- called me this morning. She told me that Angie had said she wanted to die. Her mom was worried.

I'm worried too. I want Angie to be happy. I hope she remembers me tonight. I hope she doesn't kill herself.

Chapter E

She didn't survive.

I'm sorry.

I won't either.

*The rest of this document is soaking with blood and is unreadable. There might be something more underneath the stains, but we will never know.

Angie and Josh are buried in the same grave and the text on the tombstone reads:

"Love is blind, Love is pure, Love is forever."

We will never forget them. //Angies mother

This is actually an assignment for my english class. I hope to get like at least a B for this.