Don't rouse Them | Teen Ink

Don't rouse Them

May 18, 2013
By jaineba BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
jaineba BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
sit like a turtle, walk like a pigeon and sleep like a dog.

Life is fun.
let your mind flow like water, reflect like glass and respond like an echo


She loved him , she was sure of that but she couldn’t bring herself to say it to him. This girl couldn’t imagine herself being loved by anyone but she knew she loved him because when she called to hear his voice her heart beat a little faster and the creatures in her stomach rejoiced and frolicked endlessly. When she spoke to him she rambled and when he touched her shoulder she trembled. She couldn’t tell him of her frolicking creatures and their anticipation of love ; not even to his corpse at the funeral. She sat in the back pew. She carried this love with her throughout her life and never loved another ; she felt her soul could never share anything as he had already emptied it and carried all its contents with him without even realizing it. The creatures withered like flowers but she never disposed of them. Her creatures soon became dark but she never shined any light upon them. They slept passionately so she never roused them; she thought it was bad manners to awake a sleeping creature.


The author's comments:
How I was feeling at that moment in time.......