Ria & Jay | Teen Ink

Ria & Jay

By arialeigh BRONZE, Arkoma, OK, Other
arialeigh BRONZE, Arkoma, OK, Other

"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing." -Socrates

“Oh my God, are you serious?”
“YES. Don’t look now, but I swear he’s staring right at you.”
Ria couldn't believe her friend. It was impossible. It must have been a figment of Dree’s imagination. There was no way, no chance in Hell, that Jay was staring at her. Jay, tall and dreamy. Jay, with his mega-watt smile and perfectly messy hair. Jay, with his tan skin and honey brown eyes.
No. No, it couldn't be. “Maybe I've got something on my back. I was sitting in front of Javi, you know. I don’t think it’s possible to do that without Dorito crumbs landing on your back.” Ria assured Dree. But Dree wouldn't have any of her friend’s crap. She knew Jay was staring at her best friend.
“Oh my God, oh my GOD.” Dree kicked Ria’s leg repeatedly under the table. “He’s coming over. Oh Jesus. He’s walking here. He’s smiling. S***.”
Ria’s heart nearly exploded out of her chest when she heard the unmistakable voice. It was soothing, yet unnerving.
“Hey,” Jay said.
Ria couldn't handle the excitement so she exploded and died. The End.

It all started when my friend dared me to write something about my crush.

on May. 21 2013 at 11:11 am
yourlove-mywings SILVER, Yuma, Arizona

"Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.” Luke 17:3-4

it was really good.. interesting ending. i hope they didn't get splattered.. lol!!! :D

sarah98 BRONZE said...
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

...the end was the best though!!

sarah98 BRONZE said...
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

AHAHA! i loved the begining, and the ending totally reminded me of something me and my best friend would do.