Clarity | Teen Ink

Clarity

By cassyduenas1 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
cassyduenas1 BRONZE, Miami, Florida

Casandra Duenas

Per 2

English Teen Ink

Clarity

“I love the love we share!” I said.
“As do I my love!” replied Jason.
He was magical in my eyes. He was the typical prince charming; tall, dark, and handsome couldn’t fit him any better. He saw things no one else saw in me. He inspired me to be different and to take risks, no matter what the outcome. He listened to me when I needed him. Jason was truly my best friend. We both knew we had a special type of relationship. When we were in a room together, with people that we knew or didn’t know, people would tell us that they could actually feel our chemistry and the love we had for each other. It must have been some sort of thick energy that would transpire through the room when we were together. We understood each other on every subject except one, the subject of religion.
Whenever Jason and I went to dinner we would have a blast. We would talk for hours and enjoy our time together because we never knew when that time would be up. Whenever the opportunity presented itself, I would attempt to speak to him about Jesus Christ. I would tell Jason that Christ was here, got crucified, rose again, and will return. Jason thought I was full of it. I told Jason the only way to get to heaven is through accepting Jesus and truly believing and accepting in your heart He was here. If you choose to accept Him, you go to heaven; if not, you go to hell. Knowing that if my boyfriend were to die he would go to hell was the worst thought in my mind.
During dinner one evening, I felt the time was right to bring it up. “Babe I want to talk to you about something. We’ve talked about it before, but we just don’t agree on this one subject. That is the subject of God.”
“Are you serious right now?” Jason said You’re really going to bring that up, Marissa. You know how I feel about that. I believe there is some god or person out there controlling everything, but I don’t know if this Jesus guy is ‘Him.’ I believe that when you die you roam around, you don’t go to heaven or hell. I believe you just chill, you know.”
“Babe it doesn’t work that way!” I proclaimed.
“Whatever, Marissa, it’s what I believe. I’m done talking about this right now.”
After dinner we drove home. I assumed he was mad. We sat in silence. He turned to me and spoke “Mare, look, you know I love you, and we usually agree on a lot and have the same point of view on things, but please let this go.”
“Babe, the car!” I yelled.
“ Don’t worry about the car.” Jason uttered, frustrated.
“AHHHHH. IT’S GOING TO HIT!”
Crash.
After we crashed, I realized my head was bleeding. I felt weak, but I could focus. I looked at Jason; he was unconscious. I grabbed my phone to call 911 immediately. I was panicking. Was my boyfriend seriously about to die in front of me?
About ten minutes later the ambulance showed up. I prayed non-stop for Jason’s safety. Everything happened so fast. I was crying. I could see the ambulance zooming by, and men with a stretcher, pulling Jason out of the car. I could hear the paramedics asking me a bunch of questions but I was just wondering, was he dead? Where was he? Heaven? Hell? Maybe even roaming around? So many questions were going through my mind. All I knew was that I wanted him to be safe and to hold me. Things got fuzzy for me. I remember them using a flashlight to look into my eyes. After that I just saw white.
I saw the silhouette of Jason. It looked like the back of his head. Was it him? Could it even be him?
“Babe?” I yelled.
The shadow turned; it was him. He ran to me and we hugged for a moment; we were together again.
“Babe, what is this?” I asked.
“I don’t know, some sort of roaming place for the dead. Look over there, I think those are golden gates!” he proclaimed.
We both looked, hand in hand. We were frightened, but I figured everything would be fine with him by my side.
“I know this place.” I told myself.
As we approached the golden gates, a man came forth. “Marissa! Jason” He said, “My name is Jesus.”
I know your hearts and what you have done for me. Jason, this is not your day of accountability, but I am here to tell you that if you don’t change your way of thinking, you will not join me in paradise. I assure you this is not a dream; for you, Jason, this is a reality check, my son. Marissa, you have done your job but you haven’t done it to the best of your ability. You two will wake up, and you will be one hundred percent healed. You must go to church. Follow me. Seek me and you will join me in My kingdom. My children, you will wake up, but before then, Jason, have no more doubts. I AM the way, the truth, and the life.”
“Yes, Lord!” cried out Jason.
“I’m going to count to three and you will wake up. One. Two. Three.”
Beep. Beep. Beep. I opened my eyes; doctors rushed over to see how I was doing. Was this is a dream? Where’s Jason? “Doctor, where’s Jason?” I said frantically. I looked around and he was in the room across the hall. He was awake. It seemed like he was in panic as well. We made eye contact and we just knew the dream we had was real. I watched him pull off all the IV’s they had in him and run to me. Was he nuts? He ripped everything off like a Band-Aid.
“ I know what we saw was real.” Jason stated softly in my ear. “I believe. I’m so sorry I ever doubted you my love. We are going to start going to church every Sunday, together. I’m so happy you’re safe. I love you.”
That following Sunday we were together in church. I remember looking up and praising God, thanking Him for our safety. I’ve never seen Jason so on fire for God; nothing made me happier than seeing the man I love praise and give thanks to the most important thing in my life. My heart melted looking at Jason, because he was truly the love of my life. I knew what we had was real, and I cherished every moment of it.

This story was inspired by some true events that have happened in my life other things were made up. What I want people to know is that God is Salvation and is King. Sometimes he has to wake you up so you can have a reality check but no matter what God is love.He can open your eyes to see so much, I believe in my heart that love can make your day so much better whether its from your boyfriend or God, love truly does conquer all.