Midnight Lights | Teen Ink

Midnight Lights

April 11, 2013
By Crystal_Wolf BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Crystal_Wolf BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

It is like I have no fear when I see the midnight lights. The night is as dark as blackberries with little yellow stars. As I see them twinkling, the wind blowing through my hair giving me the chills. I grip the railing that is as cold as ice, as I look down to see the riverside. As I look at the riverside, I see two young lovers enjoying the night, which makes me miss having someone by my side holding me. I almost want to go to him. With me in his arms hold me close to him breathing the smell of him off of his shirt. But then I remember that he is not by me or even near me, so then I wish to the heavens that by some luck I will run it to him soon. But for the time being I must watch my dog before she runs away. For she smells as lovely as lovely little lily and she is a beautiful brown puppy. When I whistled she, Sophie, came running to me for me to pet her and hold so she can see the midnight lights. But now that it is nearing dawn the lights start to turn pink and the wind bringing the smell of freshly made bread. But we continue to sit there watching the sun open up to this new day like a rose blooming. Then all of the sudden she starts barking as he is walking to me. So he holds me just as I had wished for watching the last of the midnight lights together.


The author's comments:
I wrote this at first as a homework assignment but now I don't think of it as a homework assignment but as my own writing.