Springtime Love | Teen Ink

Springtime Love

April 10, 2013
By Riah772 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Riah772 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
11 articles 1 photo 2 comments

“You can’t catch me!” Mason ran toward me, the skidding of his feet swiping away the grass below his soles. This was the time that I loved the most; the time where I could let the sun bathe me in its warmth... spring time. The trees blew in my direction, the wind picking at my dress and propelling it upwards.

“You’re running too fast!” I turned around, slowing my pace enough to see his face. Wide brightly lit green eyes, silky jet black hair. He was the boy who had gone through everything with me. The boy I had lost my heart to.

“Well, I guess you’re just going to have to run faster.” I giggled, spreading out my arms to catch the wind.

Warm arms snaked their way around my waist, lifting me off my feet in a swift motion. I laughed, feeling the warmth of Mason’s arms as he twirled me in the air.

“You’re beautiful, you know that Mariah?’ He placed me on the ground, laying me across from him.

“I know you're just saying-“My words were cut off as his warm lips crashed against mine. His hands traveled to the back of my head, grasping my curly ringlets between his fingertips.

At that moment, I knew Mason was the guy who I had always dreamed of. The one who would love me unconditionally. Spring will always be my favorite season. The season in which I found my love.