Real Eyes Realize Real Lies | Teen Ink

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies

By Mella PLATINUM, Natchitoches, Louisiana
Mella PLATINUM, Natchitoches, Louisiana

" All the World's A stage, and all the men and women merely players." - Shakespeare's "All the Worlds A Stage" poem.

This is dangerous. He cannot see me this way. I must not show any signs of weakness; he’s clever. He knew what he was doing when he decided to wear that Polo V-neck- his muscles are embroidering the shirt nicely. His charming smile- a row of white teeth- makes me lose a breath, and his dazzling ocean blue eyes in contrast to his chocolate brown hair makes my heart stop. I must not give in to it though. I must not include myself as another one of his statistics. I curse the fact that our mothers are friendly coworkers. Why did she invite me to this dinner? Why did I agree to go?

Now I’m here, in his room. I’m on his comfortable bed and he is teasing me with his eyes. “You are so beautiful.” He whispers into my ear. I swallow and put on the fakest smile ever. "Thanks" I reply bubbly, although on the inside I'm dying. He smiles back and my body tingles as if I have chills. Why is my body reacting so strangely to him?

“You know, the party might last for hours." his honey voice swims in my ears like a beautiful stream, his hand is under my skirt and he rubs my thigh. Why the heck did I wear a skirt? My cheeks turn blood red and I'm sure he can see it. I curse the fact that all the adults are downstairs and drinking wine- as caught up as they are in their social hour, they won't even notice that Marc has led me up to his room to "talk".

I clear my throat and slide away from him. I turn to look out the window. It is a beautiful night. The sky is a vivid silky black and the stars seem like little diamonds. The window pane is cool and refreshing on my palm. “Brea..." Marc says softly. He stands next to me and looks into my eyes; I continue to stare out the window; it is imperative that I don't fall for his lies. He's just another player, who uses his charm to get girls, scores with them, and then never talks to them again. Well, maybe it isn't so bad after all. I wouldn't have to put up with him anymore.

“Brea why do you run from me?" he asks, feigning hurt. I roll my eyes and walk away from the window. He killed the peace I was getting from the sky, and the windowpane lost its refreshing cool. I don't know where to go so I walk towards the door, ready to make a run for it. He beats me to the door and stands in front of it. “Brea, did I upset you that badly?" he asks in concern, his blue eyes are like x-rays, seeing right through me. Don't try to act concerned now. You should've thought about that before you ruined me in front of the entire school. I think to myself and roll my eyes.

Crossing my arms, I snap, “What do you think?" and cut around him. I open the door a crack ready to place my foot out, when he shuts it back, and I move my foot just in time. He looks deep into my eyes with his deadly blue ones. I try to look anywhere but his eyes. I know that if I look into his eyes, I'm as good as lost. Sometimes I swear he's like a long lost relative of Medusa…A very handsome, relative.

“Brea, I'm sorry, okay. I was a jerk." He confesses, as he touches my elbow. You don't say I mock in my head and turn away from him. I'm near jumping out the window now; if that means getting away from him. He reaches out and moves my hair from my eyes, and I swat his hand away quickly. “Just leave me alone.” I order and try again to reach for the door. He grabs my hands forcefully and holds onto them tight- so tight that it hurts. His ocean blue eyes are ice cold and his face is red. “Brea, can’t you see I’m trying to apologize?!” His voice is like venom, he says it in a whisper, but his words come like fire. I can’t speak, his hands hurt around my wrists. My mind is telling me to scream but his stare is keeping my mouth shut tight. I want to be anywhere but here, I need to leave fast. I struggle as I try to wriggle my wrists out of his hands. “Marc…you’re hurting me; stop.” I whine as I struggle to no avail. His voice becomes sweet but I can still see the ice in his eyes. “I’m sorry Brea.” I can tell he is lying right through his teeth. “I love you.” He says with no emotion- His biggest lie of all. Then he kisses me. His kiss is nasty and sloppy, and his breath is hot and smells of alcohol as he holds me against the wall. I struggle to get him off me but he’s too strong. “Marc… please stop!” I beg and try my hardest to push him away. His hand tries to go up my skirt again and I kick him as hard as I can between his legs. I push him away as he doubles over in pain, and then I run as fast I can out of the room, down the stairs, and to my mother. I know I look a mess with my hair all over the place and my clothes all disoriented, but I don’t care. Scared and out of breath, I try my best to speak calmly to my shocked mother.
“Mom…” I huff as I collect myself, “I want to go home.”