Hot July Night | Teen Ink

Hot July Night

March 16, 2013
By AmeriTheBrave BRONZE, Lafayette, Indiana
AmeriTheBrave BRONZE, Lafayette, Indiana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
They didn't agree on much. In fact, they didn't agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other everyday. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other. ~ Nicholas Sparks


All common sense was lost in temptation. Our brains fuzzy with lust. The only things I could taste were his lips, soft and warm. He engulfed me, surrounded me, filled me. His hands grazing the bare skin on my thighs and my hands getting tangled in his curly hair. His touch was everywhere, leaving my skin with a tingling sensation that ran through out me and made me shiver. My hands sliding down his bare chest and his lips softly brushing my neck. We were just two kids, crazy with love. Driven even madder by the heat of the July night. Egged on by sweet sentiments and promises of forever whispered by the other. We wanted it all and then some. We were rebels, we broke the rules. Somewhere between the cool, wind-whipped days of early June and the blazing hot days of July, the monster with in us grew so large that it couldn't be contained. It was our night. To let go. Be crazy. Forget about the world around us. Forget about the fall that was growing ever closer. We just got lost, lost in each others lips, lost in his beautiful eyes. And as the night grew older and our bodies became warmer and sweat began to glaze our skin, I was no longer that girl from Indiana, but I was something magical, something new and wonderful. It was our night in that humid cabin, our night to let loose. To something crazy, something unbelievable, something even you never expected.Laying there with his arms around me, I felt so comfortable and safe. My heart was beating a mile a minute having him so close to me. As he played with my hair and kissed me, I couldn't help but smile straight from my heart. I could see how much he cared from the look in his eyes. It made me never want to let him go. To just stay wrapped in his arms forever. Where nothing else mattered but him and I. In the heat of that July night, I gave him everything. We gave each other everything and then some. We turned our worlds, our lives around. We mixed our lives together. Forever tied to each other in the memories of that night, our night, the hot night in mid July. We were just two kids, crazy with lust, insane with temptation, mad with raging hormones. And that July night, we shut our minds to the world, only focused our love, our need for the other.


That July, I lost who I was, who I was meant to be. That July night my life changed, I changed. That summer was the best and worse time of my life. But, I don't regret it. It broke me, but it also made me stronger. And to think he was the one that got to me, broke down my walls and stole me away, swept me off my feet. I want know what is about the summer that makes us all so crazy? Is it the heat? It is the freedom? I think we all get so crazy because we realize all at once that life really isn't going to last forever, so we take those perfectly sunny days and live. We live so fully in those three months that it's be impossible not to go just a little nuts. And in the end, when the summer fades so suddenly into fall, we are glad we did. The tough thing about following your heart is that people forget to mention that sometimes the heart takes you to places you shouldn't be. Places that are scary as they are exciting and as dangerous as they are alluring. Sometimes your heart cannot take you to places that lead to happy endings. That's not even the difficult part; the difficult part is when you follow your heart, you leave normal; you go into the unknown, and once you do you can never go back. Love hurts. I say that because I know. Love is... or was amazing. It's an incredible feeling to know what he's going to say. It's even more incredible the way he had me on the edge of my seat because he was so completely random. I never knew what was coming next. It's hard to explain, but he filled some void in me, and now, without him, I'm missing something again. I wonder if it will ever truly, wholeheartedly be filled again. I just don't want to know what it's like to hurt anymore.