When? | Teen Ink

When?

February 11, 2013
By Zoe3020 BRONZE, Mandeville, Louisiana
Zoe3020 BRONZE, Mandeville, Louisiana
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.


I wait and I wait. How much more time does he need? Is 15 years not enough? With each day that passes, my smile withers. With each day he doesn’t come, I lose a piece of my confidence. With each day, I lose hope.

When? What is wrong with me? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not funny enough? Will he ever come? Does he even exist, or is he just my desperate imagination giving my wild emotions something to cling to, someone to wait for. And I wait and wait. Should I be doing something? I try, I really do. New friends, closer friends, branching out and meeting new people, but none are right, none are him. Where is he? When will I meet him? Have I already and in my insane search have I passed him by?

When? My lips ache more and more for his kiss and my heart feels even emptier. Others have gotten exactly what I crave most: love, chivalry, just being noticed. The stories, oh the stories! She doesn't even know what she had! How could she have left him? And yet, when she did, another one was quickly there to pick up the pieces that were never broken. I am broken. A piece of me is missing. How many more will I lose?

When will he come? Should I have chosen that guy, or the other one? They aren't him, but does it matter? What if he's just around the corner but I've already said yes to that other guy? What if that other guy is him and I don't know it? Impossible, I feel in my heart that he hasn’t come.

But when? How much longer? With each day I wait, my anticipation grows. With each day I wait, I fall further in love with him. With each day I wait, I look more forward to meeting his eyes for the first time.


The author's comments:
Everyone searches for love and this is my journey.