No More Excuses | Teen Ink

No More Excuses

By Melmel8754 SILVER, Burlington, Massachusetts
Melmel8754 SILVER, Burlington, Massachusetts

"live for today because yesterday is over and tomorrow may never come."

Seriously. Jesus Christ. How long does it take for a girl to go to the bathroom! I thought to my self. I sat on my bed twirling my thumbs waiting for her to get out. I watched the seconds tick by on the clock. One after another, just waiting. I wanted to shout hurry up at her, but then I heard the door squeak open. she slowly walked back into my room. I got my apology ready.
"I am soo soo sorry! Baby! You know I didn't mean it! You also know I don't like when you say things like that!"
Her face got white, but then she blushed. She knew it was her fault. I mean it always was.
"Don't be sorry! My fault! Never again!" She swore.
"Okay! Then I won't ever again! Come over here sweetie!"
I Held my arms out for her, to slide over and come cuddle with me. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. I breathed her in, everything was perfect!
A shutter ran through her body.
"You okay babes?" I asked.
"Oh, yeah, um I am just a little cold!" she said.I pulled her closer, and wrapped my arms tighter. I gabbed a blanket and pulled it around her. I rubbed her arms and kissed her neck. I loved her. She may do stupid things, but she always realizes it and fixes it.
"Buzz Buzzzz"
Her phone went off in her pocket. Before she could reach it, my hand already had it out and I was reading the text.
"Heyy, I saw you got a 94 on the math quiz today, I um I was wondering if you could tutor me!" I read aloud off the phone screen.
"Why is he texting you!? Why is a guy texting you! Do you like him! huh! HUH!" I yelled. She never learns I thought! I clenched my teeth. My brow frowned. She never learned! Old habits die hard! I thought. I got carried away in my anger and hit her. The nuns used to do it in Sunday school, so it was okay!
"Why!? Are you going to answer me!" I screamed again! I will teach her. My anger took over me and I had to teach her.
"I.. I .. umm... I do not know, I have never texted him before, please I am sorry, he texted me.. umm I am sorry!!" She ducked and hid under her arms.
"I don't care. He should know. He wouldn't have texted you if you didn't give him some sort of hint."
"I did not I swear baby!" Lies. I knew those were lies. She shouldn't lie to me.
"Buzz Buzzzz"
Her phone again. And again I got to it before she could.
"Honey, can you come home now? Thanks! from Mom!" My tone was calmer now when as read this one.
"I am sorry, babe! I am just jealous, you are too pretty and you don't deserve me, so I get scared someone else is going to come and take you! I love you!" I gave her a hug and a kiss.
"I love you too, and only you, I am sorry too..." She gave into my hug. Stupid. I am so stupid. I thought to myself. But it was an accident.
She got up and left.
I sat in my room for about a minute after she left. I had to follow her. To make sure she got home safe. She was probably really upset and i want to make sure she can drive safe. I watch her. She talks on the phone and drives. Probably her mom.
But then she doesn't turn down her street. She keeps driving towards the town lake. she lied. How dare she.
She pulls into the parking lot. And I follow close behind. I speed up to meet her.
*
“It is a sad story here tonight, seventeen year old Lizzie Hought ran her car off the road and into a lake! She had just left boy friends house! Police say they suspect foul play, or suicide but nothing else has been brought up, this is Sarah Cone, News Channel Six back to you in the studio.”