You Don't Know It, But I Love You (A Letter Never Sent)

Dear Jenna,

I guess I’m never going to have the guts to send this. I mean, come on. We’re best friends, and you have a boyfriend, for Pete’s sake (Even if he is a total piece of crap!). That would be, like, the definition of awkward…. So I’ll have to keep this to myself, I suppose.

Ah, why don’t you see me the way I see you? Why don’t you know that I love you, that I always have? Why do you choose him over me? Don’t you know he treats you like dirt? He doesn’t even come close to deserving you- and maybe I don’t either, but I could make you happy.

He calls you pretty- he’s so far off the mark it’s not even funny. You aren’t pretty- that’s too far a crass word to describe you. You are ethereal, beautiful, and divine in every single way. You, with your silky hair that looks like shimmering gold in the light. With your flawless, creamy complexion, lips full and a rosy color most girls would kill for. You, with your startling, but amazing blue eyes- eyes that I could lose myself in the depths of. Oh, how they sparkle in the dying twilight- how they are filled with an unhidden wonder and strength.

He thinks that all you are good for is a hot girl on his arm- but you are so much more, and I don’t even think you realize it! You’re the smartest person I know, and your brain must be filled with creativity and wonder and inspiration. You have that bold, sarcastic sense of humor that can never be matched. You are quick witted, as easily ready to counterattack any enemy as you are to make a light joke for our amusement. You are kind and caring, never one to look on as someone is hurt or bullied. You are so passionate and empathetic that I don’t even think that you would ever ever hurt anyone intentionally, unless you were attacked, verbally or physically. You have this kind, light energy about you, and you balance me out with your optimism, always arguing my pessimism to a fault.

I don’t know why you stay with him- I don’t know how he could ever make you feel good about yourself, in any way, shape, or form. I just don’t understand it.

Maybe it’s because we accept the love we think we deserve.

And there is the sad, sad truth to it all. Why does everyone we love have to think they are so much less than they really are? You deserve so much more than him. You always think down on yourself, always one to put yourself down. But listen to me- you have nothing to put down. Nothing to be ashamed of. The love you deserve is all the love in the world- you shouldn’t have anything less.

I will never give up on you. You are the one thing in my world that makes sense, that gives light and shows me happiness. Because, one of these days, you are going to wake up and realize all of what I know you are, and you are finally going to do what’s right for you. That doesn’t mean that I am what’s right for you- that’s for you to decide. But you should know that you are so much better than so many of the horrible, crappy people in this world that you think you are one of.

Now, I’m just waiting for the day when I can look into those deep, deep blue eyes, and finally admit to you that I have always loved you.

And see the sparkle in the blue, and hear the words:

“I love you too.”

boo_2121 said...
Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:19 pm:
ok lol my bad but it was really good. :)

. said...
So umm. . . question? Is this just a story or is it real? For some reason i think its real.

PeytonLovesHarryPotter replied...
Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm :
haha, no, it's not real. I know nobody named Jenna, and Im a girl myslef, so no, its not real. :) Like i said, just wanted a good love letter.

In_Love_with_Writing said...
This was the most beautiful piece of work. You are very talented and have made amazing characters! I'm speechless. Good job :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:06 pm :
Thank you so much. i'm so glad that you liked this piece! Any critisism?

In_Love_with_Writing replied...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:58 am :
Surprisingly (very surprisingly), no I don't. Usually, I can muster up something I don't like in a piece, but for this I don't have any. But don't worry! I'll try to find something hehe :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:33 pm :
Hahaha okay. Let me know when you do... :) I will take anything short of: This sucks.

In_Love_with_Writing replied...
Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:09 pm :
Oh I suggest that you try your very best not to tell, but instead show the background information. This is a VERY hard thing to master and I struggle with it myself, but when I (as a reader) read a story that purely is based on showing information and minimal telling, I feel like I'm more in the story and not reading about it. And that's the main part of writing, to emerse your reader into the story that needs to be told. I hope this helped :)

StellaDPloom said...
Nice! I really like this :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:06 pm :
Oh hey, Stella! Haven't heard from you in a while! What's up?