Winter

Winter sat alone on a narrow bench by the river. The cool, fall breeze tossed his snow white hair into his face. His cloudy eyes gazed down the path as a small figure emerges from around the corner. The hairs on his pale arm prickle as her face comes into the moonlight,. Long, red hair framed her small tan face. She took a seat next to Winter, introducing herself as Autumn. He held eye contact with her pair of bright, orange eyes for a moment, then stared back out at the river. Suddenly, her hand grasped his. He looked up, startled. She smiled. He smiled. They spent the cold evening walking by the river and watching the colorful leaves fall from the trees underneath the moonlight. She would pick one up and show it to him and explain how it came to be, and he would smile and nod and observe her every movement and word. The sun, however, was sneaking up over the horizon, pushing the moon away. Autumn let go of Winter's hand and faced him. He traced a finger along her cheek. She smiled a sad smile. He returned it. She leaned in and their lips touched for a second. And she was gone. As were her beloved leaves. A tear brushed his eye, but he blinked it away. He smiled one more time at the spot where Autumn's footprints were encased in the mud. Winter walked slowly away down the path as the sun peaked the hill. The trees were bare. The ground was solid. Her leaves were gone. It started to snow.

BriEj said...
Oct. 5 at 10:39 pm:
Ahh I love this! You're such a good writer!

AlexanderQThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 12:11 am :
Thanks for checking out my work!

so_joyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:03 am:
WOW. WOW. WOW. THAT WAS AMAZING!!! Incredible idea!!! You are SO talented!!!

Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:38 pm :
Thank you!!!!!!!