Inside My Head: Losing Him | Teen Ink

Inside My Head: Losing Him

November 16, 2012
By Aishiah BRONZE, Central Point, Oregon
Aishiah BRONZE, Central Point, Oregon
4 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Look past the errors; you may just find the irony within.
-Myself


Hearing the one hundred forty-seven pound body penetrate the turquoise water and jagged rocks below; I practically threw myself over the slick railing of the rickety bridge. Staring down at the water; now thickening with the sticky, crimson fluids draining from his body, I let out an almost silent, raw shriek.
He's gone. Never telling him how I feel is my biggest mistake.









* * *



"This class is so boring. Wanna ditch?" Colin asked in hushed tone.
"I'll get in trouble." I whispered.
"No you won't. Trust me."
I bit my lip: "How are we going to get out with out the teacher seeing us?"
His face lit up: "Just saying you need to go to the ladies room." He nudged me with his elbow and began a soft chuckle.
I rose from my seat. Scuffling toward the front of the classroom until I came to Mr.Defraughs' desk. I nervously leaned over the clutter and whispered to him: "I need to use the ladies room."
In his deep, Darth Vader-like voice; he asked: "Is it an emergency!?"
I flinched: "Feminine natural cal-"
He cut me off: "Alright, spare me the details and go take care of yourself."
I looked back at Collin; he was laughing so hard he about fell out of his seat.
I walked past the ladies room and cautiously, trying not to get caught.
Just then someone grabs my shoulder.









* *
*


We walked along the narrow path; lined with the crisp autumn leaves. Collin slowly place his hand in mine; I let my fingers intertwine with his. There was a silence; as though we were both holding something in.
He took lead me toward a large, narrow,old bridge. The boards creaked as we made our way toward the middle.
As we came to a stop; Collins expression changed. He was no longer smiling; he had a look of sadness drooping from him. It seemed to suddenly suck all of his energy away.
"What's wrong?" I asked; becoming concerned.
He jerked away: "I can't do this."
"Do what?"
"I... I can't..." He began to mumble, "You don't understand. You never will."
"Your starting to scare me."
"I want you to be here. To see me go."
"Your leaving?"
His voice deepens: "No one knows what I've been going through. No one cares." There was a pause: "I am alone in this world. It's full of so many lies."
"Your not alone. I'm right here."
He placed both of his pale hands on the railing.
"Please. Can't we talk about this?"
"I love you." He said thrusting his body over the railing. I tried to catch him but his hand slid from mine. My heart went with him.