Edward and Mary | Teen Ink

Edward and Mary

By northgirl0222 GOLD, North Attleboro, Massachusetts
northgirl0222 GOLD, North Attleboro, Massachusetts

"in order to write about life, first you must live it"

As young children Edward & Mary were best friends. Their parents owned the manors next to each other so they only had to cross a fence to see each other. Nearly all their time was spent together, which left little room for others to intrude into their lives. But when it came time for college they had to separate. They stayed in touch through letter writing. They told each other everything…or so they thought.

When freshman year finally ended they couldn’t wait to get home to see each other. Mary had a surprise though. She brought her new boyfriend, Henry, home with her to meet her family & Edward. Her family was overjoyed for they loved Henry right away but Edward was a different story. As soon as he heard this he refused to go near Mary. She was banished from his property & was never to talk to him again. Mary was heartbroken for she had always loved Edward so she didn’t want to lose him. She told Henry to go home she couldn’t see him anymore but still Edward refused her so he didn’t know what she had done for him.

Finally Mary was sick of it. She would see Edward if she wanted to. So late one night she snuck out of her mansion, climbed over the fence, & went to the back door of Edward’s mansion. She hadn’t expected Edward to be sitting out on the deck watching the stars, for that was something they had always done together. As she approached Edward turned & looked at her. Mary was struck by how different he looked than when she had last seen him. He had grown up but then again so had she. Edward just kept staring at her, waiting for her to talk Mary realized. She explained how she had felt broken when he refused her & how she had sent Henry home telling him she could never see him again. As she talked she slowly walked up the stairs so that when she finished she was standing right in front of Edward. He just kept looking at her, amazed by what she had just told him. She had dumped her boyfriend for him. She loved him just like he had always loved her. He stood up so that he was pressed against Mary. He hugged her but soon began kissing her neck slowly for he was unsure how much Mary had meant by loving him. But Mary didn’t seem to mind so he kissed her lips, her neck, her chest, anywhere he could. As he slowly pushed her against the wall he could tell what she wanted…she wanted him & he wanted her so why was he hesitating. The girl of his dreams was his yet he was too afraid to do anything.

Mary led Edward through the door into the mansion. She knew no one was home that night so why not take their time. As Edward realized what she was doing he knew Mary didn’t mind so he picked her up, still kissing her, & carried her up the stairs to his room. Both were shaking but knew what was coming & were okay with it. Soon they were both undressed sitting on the bed staring at each other. Neither was sure what to do next but both knew they wanted it. As Edward reached for her Mary saw all the love he felt for her & knew she loved him just as much. But when Edward grabbed her hand he stopped & stared. Mary had forgotten about the ring…Henry had given it to her & she had never taken it off. She took it off & threw it in the fireplace. Edward grabbed her & threw her onto the bed. As he slowly kissed her, both could feel his excitement. He pushed into her & they became lost in the feelings of love. Soon after they heard the front door open then close. No one was supposed to be home! Edward & Mary had no idea what to do so Mary lay under the covers hidden while Edward lay on top of the covers pretending to be asleep. A few minutes later Edward’s older sister came walking in. She was appalled that Edward was sleeping above the covers & tried to move the covers so he could sleep underneath. When she removed them…there was nothing there. As Edward crawled under he felt something tickle his feet & smiled. His sister left but no sooner had the door closed then his angel came crawling up beside him from the end of the bed. They both knew Mary needed to get home before sunrise. If her parents found her missing they would never stop searching, even worse if they found she had stayed the night in Edward’s bed they would have him beheaded. So Mary silently snuck out of the mansion, over the fence, & back into her own comfy bed.

The next morning when Mary’s parents came to see her they found her still asleep in her room. They woke her up & took her down to the gardens where Henry was sitting. He proclaimed his love for Mary & asked her to marry him…Mary did the only thing she could do she ran. She got to Edward’s before anyone knew where she was going. She ran through the door, bumped into his sister, & ran right into his room. She began crying telling him about Henry. He looked at her & reached into his pocket from which he pulled Mary’s ring. Edward wanted her to go marry Henry! That made no sense so she sat looking at him. Edward explained that Henry could give her things that he couldn’t. Finally Mary exploded at him. She didn’t want those things she wanted him no matter what. He refused her again though, which broke her heart into a million tiny pieces. Mary got up & went back home where Henry was waiting. She told him she couldn’t marry him & gave him his ring back. Mary spent the rest of the month sitting in her room alone. She refused everyone the same way Edward had refused her.

Later that month Mary finally came out of her room. She didn’t tell anyone where she was going just walked right out of the mansion & into town. Once there she found a doctor & asked him to look at her. Once he was finished he told her what she had been afraid of…she was pregnant. She began walking home thinking of how she would tell her parents. She got so dizzy just thinking about it that she fainted in the middle of the street. Thankfully someone was there to save her. He carried her back to her mansion & put her in her bed. He then went to find her parents. When they asked what had happened he explained what he knew she had fainted after coming from the doctor. When they asked why she went to the doctor he told them his theory that she was pregnant. They refused the idea. She hadn’t done anything how could she be pregnant. So he explained the rest of the story telling them it was his baby…

When Mary awoke she went to see her parents knowing they would want an explanation but they didn’t. Her savior had already told them everything. She knew it wasn’t possible but she didn’t really want to tell them now anyway. So to change the subject she asked who her savior was. As Edward came walking around the corner she realized that her parents really did know everything. He couldn’t be her savior though. He refused her so why would he be in town. Why would he have saved her since he hated her; he should have let her die there. But he hadn’t…he was her savior & her parents confirmed it. Mary felt faint again so she went to sit down. Then Edward gave her the biggest surprise he came, sat next to her, & kissed her right in front of her parents. The even funnier thing they didn’t seem to mind. When Edward & Mary finally had some time alone she asked him about it. He had told them they were engaged before the baby but had been afraid to tell them so soon after Henry. She hugged him but then realized he had been lying they weren’t getting married he had refused to marry her. When she turned back around it was to find Edward kneeling on the ground in proposal. She knew he was only proposing because of the baby but she didn’t care for she was going to have a family with the one she had always loved.

They had a beautiful wedding a month later. That way no one else would be able to know about the baby. When it was over Mary & Edward went on their honeymoon…at Edward’s for his sister had gotten married & moved away so he was alone in the mansion. After making some tea they went out on the back porch. Edward told Mary that he had followed her in to town because he had heard what she did to Henry & he was going to propose to her. So either way Mary would have gotten her happy ending. She was so happy that she kissed him…it was like reliving the first time they had been together but the magic was so much more.