Forbidden Memories | Teen Ink

Forbidden Memories

By Angel22 BRONZE, Lincoln, Nebraska
Angel22 BRONZE, Lincoln, Nebraska

"Crying isnt a sign of weakness, its just means you've been to strong for too long." unknown

All they had was a forbidden love. They couldn't talk or see each other. They couldn't even think about each other. Their love was so strong and so deep they tried to hold on, they tried to keep it real. Her mother didn't want them to be together so tried her hardest to keep them apart. The girl tried keeping their love a secret but whenever his name came up she would be punished. It got so bad that one day her dad pushed her and she flew against a wall. She hit her head and became unconscious. They realized what had happened and rushed He to the ER.
He missed her so badly, he dreamt of her watch night. If only her parents were OK with them being together, only then would he marry her. His parents loved her but they respected her parents wishes. On that fateful day he received phone call saying she was in the hospital. He ran as fast as he could to get to her. Forget her parents rules, I need to be there when she wakes up. The parents didn't like it but they let him stay.
For 3 days she was in a coma. When she finally woke up he was there holding her hand but she pulled away, she didn't know who he was. She forgot about their love. The doctor came in and said she had amnesia. He tried so hard to get her to remember but she just couldn't. Her parents loved it because she could start over and never be with him again.
He was crushed, he left the hospital with only the forbidden memories of his love.

This happened to a couple I know. They were a gay couple and her parents didn't like it. Writing this brings attention to abuse and love.