Waiting for You | Teen Ink

Waiting for You

By Amandaspaaz BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Amandaspaaz BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

As Jim walks the old concrete staircase, he smiles- his yellow teeth showing, but his blue eyes twinkling at the memories that flood back to his old mind. These were the stairs up which he had carried his beautiful bride, Patricia. He remembers her smile. The love and happiness that poured from her eyes like a waterfall one could only hope to experience. As his frail body moves, feet shuffling, he glances at a portion of the wall where a brick lay out of place. He and Patricia used to write love notes to each other and put them in the wall, covering them with the brick. It seemed to him as though just yesterday he was with Patricia, but she had been gone for four years. Four years he had missed her, but he knew that one day, he would be with her again. He walks the rest of the way up the stairs to their home where he would spend the rest of his days waiting for the time to come when he could hold his sweet Patricia again.

candisse BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it." - Audrey Hepburn

I seriously love this so much. It's adorable! And nostalgic and sweet all at the same time. :)