He Was Always There For Me | Teen Ink

He Was Always There For Me

September 25, 2012
By RastaDarling BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
RastaDarling BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe


I felt the most intense ache in my heart. Instantly I remembered the reasoning for my affliction. His aroma still lingered the air and it was almost as if he was still here. At times when I felt like the world was against me he would lift my spirits by presenting me with one of his sweet desserts, just the thought of it makes my mouth water. I long to see his perfectly chiseled features, his marvelous sky blue eyes and his impeccable muscular build again. The memories of tears streaming down my face in sorrow and his sweet voice asking "What's the matter beautiful?" making my heart race and giving me the feeling of a million tiny butterflies in my stomach. The night I lost him goes to show exactly how dedicated he was. Bang! I heard repeatedly along with the petrified screams of innocent people. My attention was focused on him when I saw those astounding eyes of his looking at me "Get under the table, and don't forget, I love you with every fiber of my being" I crawled under the table not exactly sure of what was going on. I peeked out from under the table cloth and there it was that mask.It was just a normal ski mask with nothing but two holes for his eyes to leer through, his piercing black eyes. I will never forget that simple mask and those hostile threatening eyes till the day I am reunited with the love of my life. He glared at my compassionate husband. Bang! Bang! He shot him. Smack! I heard his head hit the ground, but I didn't want to look until I heard the sirens from a police car. I lifted the table cloth and felt my soul perish, a thick warm liquid hit my leg his blood was everywhere. I looked over to his head, where a vast gruesome hole replaced his flawless face. I thought I would never recover from the agony I felt that day, until I understood that his love and care made me the strong person I am today.


The author's comments:
A short storie, just looking for some feedback..