Silver Tears | Teen Ink

Silver Tears

September 22, 2012
By Madre_the_madhatter BRONZE, Courtenay, Other
Madre_the_madhatter BRONZE, Courtenay, Other
2 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you keep a green tree in your heart, perhaps a singing bird may come <3


You hear a girl giggle from down the trail, along with a guy holding back his laughter. “Yea the quarterback is so stupid.” We emerge from the wooded trail, slipping through a W shaped metal fence. As the sun shines on my face, I stop. He looks at me with a questionable looking, squinting from the bright light. “This is where I go,” I just say, keeping an innocent smile between my ears. He does a little sigh but with a smile on his own face, opening his arms. My smile widens and I walk into them. I feel his heart, his lungs as he lets out another sigh, squeezing me. I feel his warm breath on my hair as he whispers, “Jack’s a real lucky guy.” Without looking back at me, he turns his back to me and walks away, leaving me with a train of silent silver tears running down my cheeks. There he left a girl who shed tears for him as he walked off with a smile he stole from her.


The author's comments:
Just a simple sad story, I was just kinda in that mood that day, haha. (: If it's a little hard to understand, it's just the girl used to really like the guy she was walking home with but she never told him and tried moving on with her life.