The Color of Midnight Chapter 1

There are few feelings stranger than the realization that you are no longer a child. Most everyone spends their childhood waiting for that time when they are finally grown up, and yet when that moment comes, it is met with doubt instead of joy. Such was the case for Joseph Baldwin.
Joseph had known what he wanted out of like for as long as he could remember.His dream was to be a musician. As a toddler, he refused to ride in the car if the radio wasn't on. For his fifth birthday, he asked his parents for a guitar, but got a football instead. His father had immediately taken him out in the yard to toss the ball, but within 10 minutes, Joseph was back inside with a bloody nose. After his mother had nursed his injury, he summoned up all his courage and went to find his father in the bard. When he found his father checking the horses in their stalls, he looked up at him with a wary smile. "Daddy" he began "I'm sorry I messed up" His father nodded with a distracted smile. "That's okay son,even the pro's make mistakes.I'm sure you'll be the best athlete in the world one day." Even as an adult, Joseph always remembered this as the moment he would never be what his father wanted him to be.

Willow55 said...
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)  

WonderWisherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I thought it was really interesting and you had some great writing  

Willow55 said...
Thznks guys. The first sentance was just I though I had, and I plan to turn it into a longer story

stupendousman said...
great job! i can totally relate to the first sentence...

SkylerMorningstar said...
i love this start you should so go on with it :) it would be great

EpicDragonNinja15 said...
This is great! I agree that it should be a bit more descriptive but it is well written as it is. I look forward to reading the rest! :)

MineSkipe said...
great start. If I had any advice it would be to try and use a bit more description. Although, still a great start.

Willow55 replied...
Thanks :) I see your point