Promise | Teen Ink

Promise

By Treto16 SILVER, Dodge City, Kansas
Treto16 SILVER, Dodge City, Kansas

Everything is beautiful, but beauty isn't everything.

The echo of his voice still lingered in these four walls. I could feel his warm breath in my skin as I stood there in the middle of his room. His book collection lied on the floor just where we had left it, and the hot chocolate mugs still sat in his drawer. I wrapped my arms around my waist and walked over to the edge of his bed. My fingers ran through the sheets slightly and right away the memories started like a never ending movie. Turning my head away I squeezed my eyes shut and sank my nails against my skin. I could feel my heart beat fast and my breath turn hot as I fought my tears. Breathing uneven, I opened my eyes and found the ring he had given me sitting in the middle of the bed.

“This ring is a symbol of my promise to you…My promise to you that I won’t ever leave your side and that I will always be here.” He vowed before sliding the ring into my ring finger and kissing me passionately.

A smile formed in my lips as I slid the ring back into my finger.

As I walked towards the door, I turned around once more to look at our picture in his mirror, “I love you. Always will.”