Goodbye

It’s over. It’s over. It’s over.

My mind is a broken record playing the same depressing soundtrack until my ears begin to bleed. You were everything to me. My lover and best friend simply vanished. There is no such thing as a knight in shining armor that will whisk an ordinary and forlorn girl off her feet. The story doesn’t always end with, “and they all lived happily ever after.” Happiness fades into tears and heartache, and companionship ends with loneliness.

There won’t be anyone to gaze in awe at the sun with me as it paints the sky at dusk. Rainy Friday nights will be a fraction of the fun when I watch old Disney movies and realize that I have to snuggle with my teddy bear and not you. Tales of our adventures will only come alive again in my dreams. Pictures of our fondest memories must be burned; even the slightest thought of you triggers tears.

My map with all the answers and carefully planned routes was tossed in the trash, leaving me confused and lost. Here I am with my shattered heart in one hand watching your car as you drive away. I’m broken. I want to thank you for the good times, and forgive you for the bad. I guess this is it.

Goodbye, my dear friend.

Kri.Kri said...
Thanks! Of course, I'll get right on that (:

In_Love_With_Love said...
Goodbye is always the hardest thing to say....trust me been there. I learned that goodbye isn't what makes it hard, it's what you're leaving behind what makes it so difficult....

Kri.Kri replied...
I never expected it to be this bad, but it'll all be over soon enough. 

In_Love_With_Love replied...
I never expected mine to be that bad either...it's been almost a year and i STILL can't get over him...i guess its the fact that i gave him everything and he gave me nothing in return...</3

Kri.Kri replied...
Neither of us really wanted this. It was just the easiest thing. We live far away from each other and it became more of a chore. It's killing me, but I guess it's time to see what I can handle. 

In_Love_With_Love replied...
You're VERY strong and i give you major props for that(: stay stong and thins will always get better.....tust me(:

Kri.Kri replied...
Awh thank you so much. They already are starting to get better :) Things happen for a reason!

In_Love_With_Love replied...
I had a feeling they would(: and yes everything does happen for a reason(: which is what makes us the people we are today BTW please read my piece Blue Eyes i would LOVE your feedback