Despair Kills Me | Teen Ink

Despair Kills Me

She closed her eyes, and tried hard to hold back the tears. But the music tore them right out of her. Liquid anguish rolled down her face, black with mascara and pain. She remembered him holding her tight, “You’re mine”. She remembered curling up into him, warm and safe. She remembered when he touched her face with such gentleness and love that it tore down all her walls. They had no way to talk, all she had was memory. Pictures from a faulty camera in her mind.

“How much do I love you? I want to be your arms, I want to feel your touch, I want your lips on mine, I need you very much. I’m lost without you.”
She longed for his touch more than anything in the world. Everything she did was empty, pointless, and cold. His absence was like the absence of the sun. She never realized how lost she was without him, until the day when they weren’t allowed to see each other.

But what she…I, regret the most, is not dancing in the rain with him when I had the chance.

Angelea BRONZE said...
on Aug. 27 2012 at 7:10 pm
Angelea BRONZE, Downingtown, Pennsylvania

“I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.” -William Allen White

This might be short but the emotional effect is huge.

on Aug. 27 2012 at 3:57 pm
EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

This is nice, simple yet attention grabbing. Good job

on Aug. 26 2012 at 11:01 am
Kat_Poetry BRONZE, Neenah, Wisconsin

"But without the dark, we would never see the stars"

I really like this. I have to say, im usually not a fan of romance. But this somehow worked.  I loved how it was like someone was narrarating the story until the end. Great work!