Despair Kills Me

By , Springfield, NJ
She closed her eyes, and tried hard to hold back the tears. But the music tore them right out of her. Liquid anguish rolled down her face, black with mascara and pain. She remembered him holding her tight, “You’re mine”. She remembered curling up into him, warm and safe. She remembered when he touched her face with such gentleness and love that it tore down all her walls. They had no way to talk, all she had was memory. Pictures from a faulty camera in her mind.

“How much do I love you? I want to be your arms, I want to feel your touch, I want your lips on mine, I need you very much. I’m lost without you.”
She longed for his touch more than anything in the world. Everything she did was empty, pointless, and cold. His absence was like the absence of the sun. She never realized how lost she was without him, until the day when they weren’t allowed to see each other.

But what she…I, regret the most, is not dancing in the rain with him when I had the chance.

Angelea said...
This might be short but the emotional effect is huge.

EternalMadness said...
This is nice, simple yet attention grabbing. Good job

kseager2 said...
Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:01 am
I really like this. I have to say, im usually not a fan of romance. But this somehow worked.  I loved how it was like someone was narrarating the story until the end. Great work!