Swing Swing | Teen Ink

Swing Swing

By Hiddentallent BRONZE, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Hiddentallent BRONZE, Las Cruces, New Mexico

He walked into the classroom before anyone else got there. “Uh Mrs. Brady?” he was answered by a small shriek and the click-clack of heels moving backwards quickly. He turned towards the sound and found who he assumed was Mrs. Brady, attempting to catch boxes, pencils, stacks of paper, and several other items falling out of an overstuffed closet. He ran over just in time to catch boxes falling off the top shelf that would have hit Mrs. Brady. “Oh my. Thank you young man” Mrs. Brady said. “Mrs. Brady are you okay?!?!?” a girl came rushing to Mrs. Brady and immediately began lifting things out of the frazzled teachers hands and setting them on the desks closest to them. Gavin took in red hair tied back into a ponytail, green eyes with flecks of yellow in them, jeans, a purple tank top, and an unbuttoned pink button down over that. “Yes, yes, I’m fine Cassey. Fret not, our newest pupil saved me from any real harm”. The girl turned and faced Gavin. She looked over his face with squinted eyes like she was sizing him up. After looking at him for a few more seconds she smiled up at him and said “Cool stickers”. Gavin was momentarily confused but then remembered on his way to school a group of high schoolers had given him a bunch of things for free and one of the football players had put stickers on his shirt. “Oh thanks” he said suddenly self-conscious under her gaze. “Cassey this is Gavin Eberwine. Gavin this is Cassey Godman. She’s going to be showing you around school until you get used to your new surroundings. You two have the same schedule so just follow her around until you get your bearings.” There was a sense of finality in her tone when she had finished. Cassey turned on her heal and walked behind the teacher’s desk. She reemerged with a neon pink backpack and promptly walked out of class. Gavin stood frozen to his spot until she poked her head back in and said “Are you coming?” and walked out again. Gavin ran out of the class to catch up to her. As he broke from the door and began wandering where she could have gone something pulled him backwards by his backpack. “What the he…” he was cut off by the most beautiful laugh he had ever heard. “Where were you running so fast too lover boy?” Cassey asked, clearly amused. “Wait how did you get there so fast?” Gavin asked.
“Hon I’ve been standing here the whole time you just didn’t see me. Not like that’s shocking when you were running as fast as you were” she said a smirk on her face the whole time. She stood up from the place where she had been lounging on the wall. She released his backpack and began walking away. At that moment Gavin knew he was completely hers and would be for the rest of his life.

Not sure if I should write a sequel to this. Please let me know what you think. Thank a bunch!

on Oct. 13 2012 at 1:44 pm
Yah....... im kinda stupid with my writing sometimes.  

on Oct. 4 2012 at 11:56 pm
kaylinjofighter GOLD, Las Cruces, New Mexico

"I don't dream at night. I dream all day, I dream for a living."

I really like this piece. Especially since I know what it means.