Dear Future Lovers, | Teen Ink

Dear Future Lovers,

By WritingLove BRONZE, York, Maine
WritingLove BRONZE, York, Maine

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade wings in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Take me somewhere that doesn't exist. Take me away from life and society as we know it. Catch me when I'm falling. Let me understand and learn about life. Guide me through my storms. Allow me to be me. Laugh at my jokes. Funny or not. Never leave me behind, waving alone. Push me to be something. Please don't forget about me. Let me love you. Make me laugh when I'm crying. Mold me into a better person. Help me help you. Be my rock, and sometimes let me be yours. Hold my hand in yours and make me feel safe. Don't fall away from me. Trust me enough to trust you. Don't even try to hit me. Tell me a story I haven't heard before. Show me what it means to be alive

But most importantly, make me feel infinite.

PhoenixCrossing GOLD, Tinley Park, Illinois

This is very cute. It's short and I like it that way. A lot of it was straight to the point and a little too simple but at times it worked. Try switching off between detailed and simple and the simple things will stand out way more, like you want to. Good job, keep writing. 

If you can, please check out/comment on my piece Chasing the Sun, thanks!