if i were to lie | Teen Ink

if i were to lie

By Hiddentallent BRONZE, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Hiddentallent BRONZE, Las Cruces, New Mexico

IF I WERE TO LIE

If I were to lie I would say doing what I did had no affect on me.
It did.

If I were to lie I would say I don’t think about you every day.
I do.

If I were to lie I would say being without your smiling face doesn’t make me hurt so bad I lose my breathe.
It does.
If I were to lie I would say seeing you with her made me happy for you.
It doesn’t.
If I were to lie I would say that what I did was easy and if given the choice I wouldn’t do it again.

It wasn’t and though it hurts more than words can describe, I would do it all again because I won’t lie to you. I couldn’t see the two of you together so I chose this path. In the end I’ll be stronger than I was and hopefully I won’t feel this pain. But until that day comes I’ll just have to do my crying in the rain.

"this was inspired by my own experience. i never did cry in the rain though."

cherbear said...
cherbear, Dubai, Other

"If you want something to happen, get off your ass and make it happen." -me

I think it was a bit unoriginal, repetitive, and it needed quite a lot of work. I've read so many things similar to it, that it just made me bored. I think if you weren't so straight to the point, it could be tons better. The words didn't flow well at all. I like the idea though, so good job on that :)

on Jul. 9 2012 at 12:58 am
AndSoItGoes01 SILVER, Reno, Nevada

"The winter I told you icicles are magic, you stole an enormous icicle from my neighbors shingle, and gave it to me as a gift, I kept it in my freezer for seven months. Love isn't always magic, sometimes it's melting." -Andrea Gibson

I thought this was pretty good. It could use a little work. Still, i liked it. Great job and please keep writing! You're obviously good at it!!!! By the way i am sorry..... i had the same experience.... sadly.... :(