What happened | Teen Ink

What happened

By Angel123 SILVER, Avondale, Arizona
Angel123 SILVER, Avondale, Arizona

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.

Walking into this strange new place, I freaked out a little. What can I say? I’m a bit xenophobic. It was the first day at a brand new school, with brand new people, all to start a brand new life and to be honest, didn't’t know how to “fit in” per say. I was a no body, a loser, a freak. No, I’m lying. I am a no body, a loser, a freak. That’s how it’s been for most of my life; I don’t know how to be anything else. Not until he came along. And when he did, all h*ll broke loose. This isn’t your typical “Oh ah look at me I’m in love” story. No, that’s my story; I’m here to tell you his story.
It was the summer before my senior year of high school. We had just moved to California. I’ll just leave it at the fact that we needed to get away; Arizona had a lot of…memories…that didn’t need to be remembered. I was out shopping for some new clothes that would forever remain in the back of my closet when I first spotted him. He was sitting alone at a coffee shop on the far right side of the mall. It was odd, a guy as good looking as him wouldn’t, no, shouldn’t be sitting by himself. I continued to gaze at him as he got up to retrieve his order. His long lean body heading for the front counter, his tall figure gliding through the crowded coffee shop without effort. And when to turned to return to his original seat, his eyes searched the many faces, not just in the shop, but everywhere else as well, including me. His hazel eyes lingered on my pathetic face for what seemed like eternity. As he reached up to push a strand of his gorgeous brown hair out of his timeless eyes, he smile at me, and looked away. That’s when it all started; this game of his that I have been ever so willing to play. I finished buying my wardrobe and was heading to me car when I saw him again, walking in the same general direction that I was. To be honest I was a little worried. Has he been watching me like I have him? Was he going to try to talk to me? What would I say to him? I had nothing. I reached my car and climbed in when he reached my driver side. Leaning into the car, he slipped me a piece of paper, smiles his beautiful smile and walked away.

Theres more to come, but im a little stuck :) let me know what you think