First Kiss | Teen Ink

First Kiss

May 29, 2012
By jkilmer SILVER, Washington, District Of Columbia
jkilmer SILVER, Washington, District Of Columbia
6 articles 1 photo 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
When I am dead, I hope it may be said:
"His sins were scarlet, but his books were read."
"Declarations of love amuse me, especially when unrequited."
'Pity is a useless emotion.'
'Read. Breathe. Relax.'


His thumb lightly grazed over the bruise on my cheek, taking care not to apply any pressure on it.
I relaxed at his touch, leaning into it, craving more. He leaned close, my reflection staring back at me from his dark, smiling eyes. I looked…expectant. A hint of a smile graced his lips and I was sure that his expression was mimicking my own. His lips ghosted over mine and my own parted in anticipation.
My heart pounded uncontrollably in my chest, loud enough so that when his smile widened to a smirk, I was sure he could hear it. “Just kiss me already.” I whispered, my voice shaking.
“Shh,” He put his fingers to my lips. “I’m taking my time.” His hands found their way into my hair, one trailing slowly down my back and looping around my waist, pulling me close.
I shivered as his touch lit my skin on fire, every inch that came in contact with his immediately reacting. “No, I think you’re purposely trying to drive me crazy.”
He grinned. “Maybe a little bit of that too.”
He ducked his head and buried his face in my neck. The scent of his shampoo filled my nose, the smell of cinnamon and vanilla serving to relax me further. He planted light kisses across my collarbone and a sigh escaped my lips.
“I love you.” I murmured, my eyes closed, as the kisses traveled up my neck, across my cheekbone and, finally, finally, on my lips.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my hands in his hair, loving how soft his bronze curls felt beneath my fingertips. His lips were soft but demanding and his tongue pressed for dominance that I demanded without hesitation.
He pulled me closer to him, as if I could get any closer, and deepened our kiss, causing me to bury my hands deeper into his hair. He nipped at my bottom lip and I moaned into his mouth, the muscles in my arms tightening as I crushed his lips closer to mine.
All too soon he pulled away, both of us gasping for air and grinning widely.
“Happy I took my time now?” He asked and I nodded.
“Very.”
He cupped my cheeks in his hands once more, tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead, his coffee eyes sparkling. “Oh, yeah. I love you too.”