Broken Heart | Teen Ink

Broken Heart

May 30, 2012
By Anonymous

Knowing that today is going to be the day we started dating I made sure that he would not regret asking me out. The way he looked and his personality was the main reason why I wanted to day him. He was cool to be around. Whenever you were upset about something he would be the guy to go to for anything and everything. Out of the blue he came. It was quit the surprise you would get from anyone. In the distance I saw him walk my way. I had no clue on what to do. So I jumped up from the bench and walked his way. I made sure that it looked like I was waiting for someone. That is when he caught my eye. He looked at me then he stopped. He opened his mouth ready to say something so I stopped and was ready to listen.

“Sam are you willing to go on a date with me this Saturday?” he looked puzzled that he asked me. I was waiting all this time. Of course I was going to say yes.


“Oh Gene do not be funny of course I would go on a date with you. The only flaw is that we cannot be somewhere near my house.” He looked upset so I just stopped and shut my mouth. I will not say anything else.

“Okay that is fine. Anywhere you want to go and we are there. But my mom needs to drive because I cannot drive.”

This is when the day of my life changed. I had some guy that I knew to make me feel like I belong. I had a fear that something may go wrong and we would break up. When I brought that to Gene’s attention he said nothing. So I thought that he felt the same way. Or it was just because he did not have that fear. When I saw his bright blue eyes widen when I told him I cared too much to lose him. That is when I knew something will happen.

Even though it has only been a week since we started dating I knew that nothing would get in the way of our relationship. (Or so I thought) When I went to his house he did not answer. So I went home and called him. He told me that he did not feel the same way that he did before. Like at the beginning when we first started dating.

When he told me this I grabbed a piece of paper and started to write something on it. I had a plan to drop it off on his door step. The paper was not that long so I finished it early. This is what the paper said,

Gene,

I know that we have not been dating that long but I want you to know that I will always love you. When you looked me in the eyes that first day I wanted to cry. They were bright blue like the ocean waters and as big as the world. We always talked on the phone and I felt like I was with you. I never in my entire world pictured the day we said our goodbyes. I never pictured the day we broke up. That day happens to be today. As long as I am your friend I am happy.

Your friend,
Sam
I put it on his door step and walked away. Now that is the day I had my first major break up. It will always be in my heart. I will never forget that day Gene and I started dating. The one thing I want him to know is that I love him and want to see him soon.


The author's comments:
This piece is a true story. I dated the guy Gene.I felt the need to tell the story as it happened but in a more quicker way. Gene and I are in fact close friends. I hope that we will stay friends for a long time to.