What Do You Want? | Teen Ink

What Do You Want?

May 19, 2012
By miss-between-the-lines SILVER, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
miss-between-the-lines SILVER, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Live every day like it's your last one on earth"
"Don't frown, you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile"
"Sing like no one is listening. Dance like no one is watching. Love like you have never been hurt. And live like it's heaven on earth."


You know what? I’m a person. I have feelings and they don’t deserve to be squashed, or thrown aside, or ignored. I don’t deserve that. It’s not fair, what you’re doing. If you don’t want to talk and get to know each other, or even just be friends, if you don’t want any of that...then you need to tell me. I deserve to know. You shouldn’t be saying things like, “We’ll talk soon, I PROMISE.” Don’t say that if you don’t mean it. Don’t lead me on. Don’t tell me I’m cute, and fun, and nice and all that crap. You shouldn’t be giving me some kind of stupid, false hope. I don’t need it. In fact, I really do not need it because, in the end, I’m just getting hurt. I will be left behind, hurt and confused and alone all because you wanted to have some fun. All because you wanted to do a little flirting. It isn’t fair to me. I honestly do not care if you don’t want to be with me or talk to me. That’s whatever, I’ll get over it. I will look at this whole thing from a new perspective, and pick up the pieces, and move on. But no. You want to play your stupid little games. You want to keep smiling at me and saying cryptic things like, “I guess we’ll find out, won’t we?” and then putting little winky faces! You and your damn winky faces!! If you don’t want a part of me, please just tell me, I’m begging you. Because, the more I don’t know, the bigger a part you seem to be getting. I am getting pulled in deeper and deeper just by possibility. Just because I think something might be there. You need to tell me. I need a yes or a no because pretty soon I might start to fall apart. All that I want are some answers. Please. Just let me know what the hell you want.