A Letter to You | Teen Ink

A Letter to You

May 19, 2012
By miss-between-the-lines SILVER, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
miss-between-the-lines SILVER, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Live every day like it's your last one on earth"
"Don't frown, you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile"
"Sing like no one is listening. Dance like no one is watching. Love like you have never been hurt. And live like it's heaven on earth."


Dear You,

I’ve got to be honest, I like you. You have incredible eyes. You make me laugh at things that really aren’t funny, but you make them funny in your dumb, strange little way. You should smile more because it’s so very wonderful, that smile of yours. Someday I will actually tell you all of this instead of writing a stupid letter I know you will never read. I swear to God I will because I think that You + Me = Possibility. I really believe that if we wanted to, we could be something special. If I saw you now I’d get really nervous. You give me butterflies…literally. My stomach swirls when I see you and my heart goes a billion miles an hour. I want to kiss you. Pretty badly, actually. I really want to kiss you. I would build a castle just for you. Actually, I probably wouldn't, but if we’re gonna get sappy then let’s get sappy, right? If I could sing you any song it would be Clarity by John Mayer because you love him and in my personal opinion Heavier Things is by far his best album. And that song explains pretty well how I feel about you. We could sit under the stars and just talk for hours because I love everything you have to say, even if I don’t agree with a lot of it. But that’s the best part, we can disagree and discuss and talk about our thoughts on the world, and the meaning of life, and just about everything else. That’s part of the reason I care about you so much. I just love that I can talk to you. So here it is. This is basically everything I feel in a nutshell.

Love,
Me

(P.S. Please don't break my heart.)