Waiting | Teen Ink

Waiting

By Savvy756 BRONZE, Cleveland, Georgia
Savvy756 BRONZE, Cleveland, Georgia

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Her phone is silent as she glances at it yet again. She doesn’t know how many times she had checked it, and has no idea how many more times she would…all she knew was that she was waiting on HIM. HE was the one she would wait on forever, and sadly…it seemed that was exactly how long she would have to wait before he would text her. Earlier, he’d slipped her a note that said that he had to tell her something important later. It’s later…she thought. Too much later. What if he forgot to text her? What if he was in a terrible accident on his way home and is terminally injured? Eccentric speculations continued to pour from her anxious brain until she could concoct no more. She dropped her head and closed her eyes. There was no use in waiting any longer. She stood, turned and took her first step towards the door, but one miniscule sound stopped her… his ringtone.

A situation similar to this happens in every girl's life at some point...