One Last Wish

I close my eyes tight and pull my stuffed dog closer to my chest. Its getting harder and harder to focus on happy thoughts. Your parents hate me, your sister was told to stay away from me, and you won’t even look me in the eyes. The tears roll gently down my cheeks ending their simple journey as they fall onto my pillow. I swore I wouldn’t cry, that I would be strong, but thinking about how I will never be able to make you blush or smile, how I will never be the one to make you laugh, how I will never feel the warmth of your body as you hold me near, kills me. I sob into my pillow, clutching Emmett closer to me. The pain of the simple little facts sends me gasping for relief. Music. Where’s my iPod? I search around for it frantically, my hands touching the smooth cover just as a wave of memories washes over me. I stuff my head phones in my ears and turn up the music, blasting away the memories that threaten to take me back I smile at the painless bliss that drifts over me. The music beats back all the memories of us, brining me sweet relief. As I relax and fall into the black abyss a flash of a distant star glares through my tightly shut eyes. I giggle humorlessly and make my last wish.

“Star light,
Star bright,
Last star I see tonight,
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Wish upon this star tonight.
I wish…
I wish he could see just how much he means to me.”

wolfexeder said...
is that guy me babe the one who will love u nomatter what

guardianofthestarsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 17, 2012 at 8:02 pm:
Nicely written.  I love the small little details.  :)