Stable Boy (In the eyes of a transgender FtM) | Teen Ink

Stable Boy (In the eyes of a transgender FtM)

By blacksummer2014 SILVER, Brookfield, Wisconsin
blacksummer2014 SILVER, Brookfield, Wisconsin

"'I love you all; except you, Draco, I can't f****** stand you'"-- Harry from A Very Potter Musical

"Granger! Oh I thought you were a boggart!!!" -Albus Dumbledore from A Very Potter Musical

The cool water pools under Moira’s feet. Her pale skin’s reflection in the nearly frozen water makes her look like a ghost.

“You’ll get sick if you stay out here, Moira,” I whisper.

She turns toward me, her raven hair flowing in the breeze, with her lips she forms a slight “o” when she realises I am standing here. “What are you doing here, stable boy?” Moira asks monotonously.

I smile, my feminine features are well disguised in the dark. I’m glad someone sees me as the boy I want so badly to be. “I’m here to make sure you’re okay.”

“I’m all right. What matter should it be to you?” Moira inquires, pursing her lips. “You’re a stable boy... you’re supposed to care for the horses not the matters of the people who own them.”

I set down my lantern and slide my coat off, putting it over her little shoulders. I pray the fierce February wind keeps my shirt and vest billowing out so my chest appears flat. “It’s freezing out here you know,” I remind her. “Come on, I’ll take you back to the manor.”

Moira shakes her head firmly. “No... No I don’t want to go inside. If I have to go somewhere then take me to the stables,” she tells me.

“Okay,” I respond because I’m not sure of what else to do. I pick up the lantern and start up the hill, steadying her as she slides around on the wet grass.

We walk into the stables and I bring her up to the loft which is quite a bit warmer. There’s a little fireplace in the corner and I throw some logs in.

“You’re pretty strong,” Moira notes as she pulls on a pair of my wool stockings I offered
her. She looks absolutely adorable under the blankets that she wrapped herself in.

I shrug and take a seat across from her pulling my knees up to my chest to hide the lumps that are somewhat visible. “I have to throw hay bales. That builds muscle.”

“You don’t have to sit so far away, stable boy,” Moira almost purrs.

My heart literally flies out of my chest for a moment and then I let my hormones take over. “Okay,” I respond, scooting over next to her and getting under the blankets. Carefully, not wanting to destroy the moment, I touch her hand gently.

Moira smiles and puts her hand on my shoulder. “I’ve watched you for a long time from the windows in my bed chambers. I know your secret... I know you want to be a boy. I know you’re really a girl. But I know you’re happier as a boy. So a boy you will disguise yourself as. I don’t care though. You’re mine, stable boy.” She leans in and kisses me gently.

I am in utter shock but I’m so happy all I can do is lean in and kiss her back.

I have a FtM friend who I thought of when I wrote this :) I don't know what else to say about it... I hope you enjoy :)

on May. 3 2016 at 4:07 pm

Thank you! I honestly wrote this so long ago and I personally have never gone through any sort of transition like this (I'm actually cisgender) but I have friends who have transitioned so I wrote it kind of for them!

on Jul. 3 2014 at 6:37 pm
CynicalMastermind BRONZE, South Ozone Park, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Inside every cynical person, there is a dissapointed idealist."

--- George Carlin

I like the way you potrayed the character, eve without much of a name or background you can gain somewhat of a glimpse into him. And you also potrayed the trans qualities pretty well i do the same with my shirts too (fyi im ftm too(trans guys rule))