Cross Trax | Teen Ink

Cross Trax

By meaghantt BRONZE, Raywood, Texas
meaghantt BRONZE, Raywood, Texas

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillippians 4:13

I had luscious long, red, curly hair, emerald green eyes, and I am a “bad girl.” My parents gave me the name after I was accused of killing my best friend, Holly. Holly was a witch and no that’s not a nickname, she was an actual witch who cast spells and turned green at night. She died because of a spell that reversed back on her and since I was at the scene I was accused of her death. My parents didn’t want me to go to juvie so they sent me to Cross Trax, a reform school. Cross Trax had old filthy buildings with old teachers to go with them. The students I met there were some complete weirdoes except two guys, Gabriel and Angel. Gabriel had shaggy blonde hair, greenish-blue eyes, and was dressed in all black. He was quiet which made him very mysterious but he wouldn’t give me the chance to get to know him. Angel had long, black hair, blood red eyes, and also dressed in all black. He talked to me and was the one who showed me around Cross Trax. He seemed to be a little interested in me considering that he made a dead rose turn into a blooming blue rose from which I have never received from anyone. The strangest thing happened though, when I reached to grab it from him I felt as though my skin was on fire.

“Ouch!” I said as I pulled away.

“You must have got pricked by one of the thorns I forgot to pull out,” he said as he smiled. “Well I must be going now, see you later.”

As he walked away I looked at this beautiful blue rose and come to find out, there was no thorns at all. After my weird but decent day I had, I went to my room to find I had a roommate, a girl with brownish-black hair, dark brown eyes, and a bit hefty. She goes by the name Abi, but her real name is Abitach. Her name definitely goes with her personality, plain out weird. When I came into the room she was listening to classical music and stuffing her faced with food like Augustus Gloop from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

“Hi, TaylorRay, welcome to my lovely abode,” she said as got closer to her.

“I thought this was ours?” I questioned.

“Oh yea, want some?” She said as she handed me a sugar cookie with one hand and stuffed her face with the other one.

“No thanks.”

I really wanted that cookie but who knows what she did to it, probably poisoned it. I guess I really shouldn’t think that about her, its just she is really different. So I went and laid on my bed when I heard Abi scream.
“What?” I screamed back at her.
“We have mail! We got mail! Is it mine or…oh its addressed to you…”
“Really,” I said confused.
I opened the envelope to find a small card and a petal from an orange rose. The card read:
Meet me in the back of the library
Angel

Why would he want to meet me somewhere? And what was up with all of these roses and their petals? I wasn’t sure whether to trust this or not so I decided not to go.

“What did it say?” Abi questioned me.

I should have known that she was going to be nosy and I know that if I told her what it really said she would have a cow.

“It was blank.”

“Let me see!”

I showed her the card turned around so she couldn’t see the words. I hope she doesn’t ask for me to turn it around. Please don’t ask. Please don’t.

“Wow, that’s weird. Must be someone messing with you. Oh well.”

I lay there listening to stupid classical music and Abi’s munching that killed. When she finally fell asleep, I was still wide awake. I didn’t start to fall asleep until around midnight when all the sudden I heard screaming and yelling down on the ground. I got up and looked down out of the window, the girls dorms were on the third floor, and I seen Gabriel and Angel yelling at one another.

“Why are you trying to get to her?” Gabriel screamed at Angel.

“Because I know she will join my side!” Angel screamed back.

“Eventually she will find out what the flowers mean and how evil you are!”

“No she won’t because she isn’t smart! Why do you think she is at this school? She is here because of evil!”

“That doesn’t mean she wants to stay evil. Plus I don’t think she really killed Holly. She’s innocent.”

“How would you know? Oh wait you can read her thoughts, cant you? Well you might as well join me and leave God because you’re just as evil as the Devil!”

“She won’t fall in love with you and she wont join your Demonata clan. If she was going to she would have showed up tonight when you asked her to.”

The screaming stopped so I went and laid back down. I couldn’t fall asleep at all. All I could think about was what he said, “…you can read her thoughts.” That meant that Gabriel knows everything I think. The next day I headed to the library and bumped into Angel. Oh great what’s going to happen, what do I say?

“Hey did you get my note?” He questioned me.

“Yes but I wasn’t feeling good at all. I’m sorry.” I had to lie I didn’t want him to know my thoughts.

“Oh I’m sorry to hear that. Here is something to cheer you up,” he said as he handed me a black rose which is a very rare rose. “See you tonight at the party,” he said as he turned to leave.

“What party?” I asked.

“The one in your room that Abi invited me to”

Just my luck, Abi decides to have a party without telling me. After Angel leaves I walk up to my room to see if Abi is there already. When I walk in she is looking through her closet for something to wear.

“What’s this party I keep hearing about?” I asked as I closed the door behind me.

“Oh…umm…I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

“It’s fine…I think I’m just going to go to the library. You guys have fun.”

“Oh...ok,” she said as she smiled.

So I went back to the library hoping not to see anyone because I was going to look up the roses and what they meant. I got to the computers in the library and logged in. I got to a website that said what the roses meant and I was a little confused to see what it said:
Blue Rose=Mystery
Orange Rose=I desire you
Black Rose=Death

Why would Angel give me roses with those meanings? I logged off and then I felt someone’s warm breath on my neck. I jumped and seen that Gabriel was standing behind me.

“You scared me. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the party?” I said quickly.

“Well I wanted to come get you. I didn’t figure it was fair that it was in your room and you aren’t there.” Gabriel replied.

“Well thanks.” I said with a smile. He finally talked to me and his warm breath on my neck soothed my thoughts.

“Let’s go to the party now,” he said as he grabbed my hand and smiled.

So we walked up to the party and who greeted us at the door, Angel.

“Hey guys,” he said as he greeted inside.

Gabriel walked inside first then when I went to go in, Angel grabbed my hand.

“Please come with me,” he said as he smiled.

When he grabbed my hand and spoke I felt like I was being pulled to go. So I followed him outside to a cemetery that was a little ways from Cross Trax.

“Hey why did you give me those different colored roses?” I asked.

“Those are my favorite colors and I wanted you to have them,” he said and smiled.

“No he didn’t,” said a familiar voice.

As I turned and looked, it was Gabriel.

“No one told you to come this way,” Angel screamed at Gabriel.

“TaylorRay back away from him, he gave you the black rose to tell you he was going to kill you,” Gabriel screamed at me.

As soon as he spoke the words I ran behind one of the tall trees as Angel ran towards Gabriel with a sword. Gabriel then whipped out his sword, side stepped, and cut Angel’s head off.

“Why did you do that,” I screamed at him.

“Because he was going to kill you and I wanted to save you. I love you TaylorRay,” Gabriel said as he ran towards me. When he got to me he wrapped me in his arms and we shared a passionate kiss.

I read two or three books and our teacher wanted us to write our own story so I mixed a little of the books together and came up with this. Enjoy!

This reminds me of my most favoritest book, Fallen