The City of Sunlight, Part 1 Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

The City of Sunlight, Part 1 Chapter 1

By AmberCrocker PLATINUM, Fall River, Massachusetts
AmberCrocker PLATINUM, Fall River, Massachusetts

"Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!" Katniss Everdeen from Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

They say everything happens for a reason.
I’m one of those few who say not everything needs to have a reason for it to happen.

*

*

*
One day I was walking down the beach. The sun was shining down, burning my bare skin since I was wearing a black bikini top and a long, flowing black skirt. I could feel the soft white sand between my toes, the warm air making my shoulder length light brown hair whip around my head like a tornado; hear the crystal clear waves crashing down on the shore. Yes, perfect beach weather. A perfect time for tourists to show up to The City of Sunlight and rest on its shores.
I was walking down the beach for a time when something – no, someone – bumped into me from behind. I landed face first. “Hey!” I said while I was spitting sand out of my mouth. Looking up, I saw this utterly gorgeous teenager that looked about the same age as I was (which was 18) and if I wasn’t so frustrated about being knocked over I would’ve automatically found his brunet hair and blue-ish green-gray eyes attractive.
“I’m sorry! Here, let me help you back up,” he said as he took one of my tanned hands and pulled me to my feet.

I was bored and reading romance stories on this website and this idea for a story just popped into my head.