The City of Sunlight Part 2 Chapter 1

After getting up, I looked at him, a little annoyed. I noticed that his hair was a little bit past his ears and had a slight wave to it. His eyes had that soft, laughing, mean no harm shimmer to them. He must’ve been 6 feet to my 5’5” – but it didn’t matter. He was skinny but had a six pack and looked like his chin had a square shape.
He was a god compared to my scrawny, skinny body that seemed like it had near perfect supermodel smooth skin. Who would like a girl with tan skin that got darker after every burn that faded away, or with brown eyes that looked like mud?
“What’s your name?” The question interrupted my thoughts.
“My name is Skyler. What’s your name?”
“Ardan. Do you live here? Or are you a tourist?”
“No, I’m not a tourist. I live here in The City of Sunlight,” I replied. Now that I started to relax I now saw that he had an accent that all people in the country’s capitol (the country’s name is Kingdom X and the capitol is The City of the Dawn) had. I shivered and thankfully a cold wind wrapped around us so that I could blame the shiver on it. Is he one of the dark ones? I thought.
“Oh, cool. I’m on vacation from The City of the Dawn,” Ardan told me with this tiny smirk. Maybe he thought I was stupid enough to believe it to be friendly. But before either one of us could say more one of his companions came up to him and said it was time to go back to the hotel.
Ardan started to walk away, then turned around and said, “I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, Skyler.”