Just a Kiss on the Cheek

Time stops as you walk past; I stare and smile because you look just perfect to me. I don’t care what anyone else says. You’re the only one that makes me smile when you kiss my cheek. Some people say it’s just because you are something new, but I think it is about time I got something new. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning, and you’re the new shiny toy.
You treat me like I’ve never been treated before. With a kiss on the cheek in front of your friends when you are leaving, just to show them that I’m your girl. When I’m cold you take your jacket off and put it on me, even though you are freezing in that short sleeve shirt. Holding my hand and pulling me close, but still treating me with respect, which is one of the things I really like about you.
I deserve to be happy, just like you deserve to be happy too. A kiss on the cheek is so much more than just a kiss. To a girl it’s the delicate start of something beautiful. It shows the true feelings of a man. The smallest little things that a guy does is the most powerful.

Therese said...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:09 am
Thank you i am glad you like it :)

Evelynn Bell said...
This is a really great peice! you have a strong talent And you should bottle that talent and run. dont let anybody hold you back from what could be the greatest thing in ur life :)

Therese said...
Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:09 am
Thank you so much :)

Athena19 said...
that was really sweet! thank you for making me smile :)

EMJOLIE said...
Apr. 7, 2012 at 11:00 am
I very much like this piece. It really shows the feelings of the character. But I think the part I like the most is at the end where it bacicly says, a kiss is not just a kiss but shows the feelings of a man. And that the smallest things are the most important. Nicely done. If you want you can check out my work