riverside | Teen Ink

riverside

By corionte BRONZE, Donaldsonvillle, Louisiana
corionte BRONZE, Donaldsonvillle, Louisiana

There was really nothing that I could do to make her feel well again after she felt the pain. The pain was that her dearly beloved parents died twice. I know that you are wondering what that has to do with me well; it has a lot to do with me. First of all she is my best friend and the same pain that she is experiencing I have already been through.

She sat beside the river where we met almost every day after school for the last 6 years since we were in middle school. She sat there and looked deeply into the river trying to find a cure for the running tears that constantly dropped from her face. I wanted to turn to her and tell her some words of comfort, but at that moment she collapsed beside my seat. I called her name as if I needed a response before I went into panic mode, but there was no answer. So I picked up my phone and dialed 911 and told them that I had a friend that wasn’t responding to anything I say or do.

I sat thinking if I have lost her as she lost her parents; I thought what if I don’t get the chance to tell her that she is the one for me. I had this secret since middle school the first day that I saw her at the river. She was playing with pebbles; I felt a jolt in my heart as I sat down beside her not knowing what I was in for at that very moment.

Then I started to think of the times that we shared down by the river playing different games as the cars passed by honking there hors. I remember on day, my dad stopped down by the river and thought I was talking to myself but all the time it was her. I sat there on the curb by the river waiting for the ambulance to come. When they finally arrived they asked me where the victim was, I told them that she was over there by the riverside lying like a silent dove. They walked over to the riverside skimming the ground in disbelief. When they arrived back to the spot where I was they told me that there was no body there. They took down my name and number and told me that I should go home and get some rest. I sat on the side of the curb as the ambulance pulled off into the evening sunset leaving me speechless. I sat there thinking if there wasn’t a body then. Who did I spend all of those times with? Then a figure appeared in the mist of my mind and it seemed mystical, then I knew she was an angel sent for me after my parents died. We still play down by the riverside all to ourselves.

here is one of my many works of literature, iwas inspired by life itself.