You, Standing there. | Teen Ink

You, Standing there.

March 12, 2012
By isabel_bells223 BRONZE, M, New Hampshire
isabel_bells223 BRONZE, M, New Hampshire
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Waiting for Forever." It's the title of one of my favorite love stories. It's a great movie, you should watch it. ;)


You, just standing there, watching as the day rolls by. You just watch as the kids shuffle on out the school exit filing into buses. Yet you stay, waiting for that one special person, hoping that today would be the day... But no, you turn to leave desperatly clinging to your school books. You put you head down and observe the ever changing earth that sits in waiting beneath your forever moving feet. You feel tears tugging on the whites of your eyes, trying to escape out into the open, as one slips silently down your cheek, a hand rests on your shoulder. You turn around and standing behind you, is that one person you have been forever waiting to see. The one boy who will forever make your hear beat, making it go faster than anything else. He pushes a strand of blond curly hair away from your face and tucks it behind your ear. He wipes the stranded tear from your cheek as another one escapes. Tradegy has ceased to exist, for now. He leans in and whispers something in your ear then gently kisses your cheek. As you turn to leave, wondering why he hadn't come before, he pulls you in softly, your lips meet and a flutter stirs inside your stomach, no not a flutter, more like a stampede of elephants of tricyles while juggling his and your heart together. You don't attempt to pull away, even when you hear the roar of the buses pulling from the building, your only transportation home. The world outside of now is invisible to you. The only thing that is matters is him, him, him. You both pull away, a smile plays across your lips. You rest your head on his shoulder, his hands at your waist. Teachers might be yelling, screaming, scolding, but the world apart from anything else is gone. For now, you are no longer waiting for forever. You have just begun.

The author's comments:
Well, my teacher told us that very little people write in second person. My friend had just got in a serious relationship and I felt in the mood for some loooove. So I tried out writing a short romance story in second person, and though it seems a bit weird to, it was actually quite inspiring and fun!