Schrödinger's Cat

I felt the heat of the sun on my face and smiled; I opened my eyes and looked at my best friend half a foot away from me laying in his front yard. He looked at me and returned my smile.
“What’s on your mind?” I asked him.
He chuckled lightly, “Schrödinger’s Cat.”
“Schrödinger’s Cat?”
He smiled, “Have you heard of the experiment?”
“Of course. But, why are you thinking about it?”
“Well they didn’t know if the cat was dead until they opened the box. It’s like we don’t know if there’s more between us unless we open that door…” He looked away as his sentence trailed off.
“Huh… I guess you’re right…” I let my sentence trail off as we lay there in the silence.
He rolled over and leaned over me, he was very close, “Should we open the box then?” He asked me barely audible. I blushed while I stared into his intense brown eyes, I nodded very slightly. He slid his arm around my back and gently pulled me closer. I slid my arms around his neck and gently pulled myself a bit closer and rested my forehead against his. He gently pressed his lips against mine. When he pulled away we smiled at each other and went back to lying on the ground the same distance from each other. I felt him gently slide his hand into mine and link his fingers in mine. And we stayed there until the sun set that warm March night, our fingers intertwined the whole time.

half.note said...
Sept. 16, 2012 at 10:22 am
Perhaps it's a little cheesy, but it's cute. I really liked it. :)

Dirty-Hobolo33 said...
Mar. 15, 2012 at 9:17 am
awe :) so cute