He made me beautiful | Teen Ink

He made me beautiful

By devikaarora GOLD, New Delhi, Hawaii
devikaarora GOLD, New Delhi, Hawaii

Dont tell me sky is the limit when there are footsteps on the moon !

Outfit: Check
Makeup (if any!): Check
Shoes: Check
Hair: Uh Oh!

Even after minutes and minutes of handling and trying I couldn’t get my hair to fall on my shoulders the way I wanted. Frustrated I ended up tying them in a ponytail, and glanced at the watch.
Holy s***.
I was already late for the bus and now I would have to ask my dad to drop me to school on his way to office.
I ran down the stairs and picked up an apple as breakfast. Good for me that dad had already had his breakfast.

Dad dropped me to school and on entering I realized that the classes had already started as there was no one to be seen in the hallway except for the management.

My first class was English with Mrs. Ernstwell, and she already abhorred me, Lord knows why!
I counted to ten, took a deep breadth and entered the class.
”Ah! There you are Melissa. No wonder you are late again even after all the warnings given to you!” She said.
I registered the words as “Ah! You had me waiting. You just gave me one final reason to kill you… the last straw.”
I shuddered at the thought.
I said sorry and sat down at the only empty seat I could find. I sometimes wonder why Mrs.Ernstwell hate me so much, its not like I was going to elope with her son!
Okay maybe I am… but this isn’t reason enough!

The very thought of eloping with her son took me to thinking about Daniel, her son and my boyfriend of one and a half years.
At five feet nine inches, he had the kind of golden hair that reflects the light of the sun. His dark brown eyes with their ever so assuring warmth… His average muscular body, the way he hugged me which made me the safest person on the earth. The way his lips touched mine, and the way he mesmerized me when he smiled with his eyes shining bright.
*Snap of Fingers*
“Would you care to answer my question, Melissa?” said Mrs.Ernstwell probably in her rudest tone.
“Huh?!” I muttered trying to remember the play we had been doing in class and the possible relevant question she might have asked.
Hamlet! Yes, we were doing Hamlet, but what was it about, again?
My failure to answer made her even more angry. I could see the change in her expression as she snapped at me again, “You pay absolutely no attention in class! Melissa, as you all can see seems to be totally lost and absent minded. What do you come to school for?
*Bell*

I couldn’t thank God enough for the sound of bell. As soon as we heard the bell everyone got up to move out, and I was the last one to follow. I apologized to Mrs.Ernstwell while moving out but failed to get any response.

What a perfect start to the day, I thought.
As pissed as I was, I stamped my feet on my way to my locker. As I opened my locker, I saw a note with a rose.
The note was signed by Daniel, and it said,
“To the prettiest brunette chick I know, its been twenty two months since I’ve fallen for you. Even today you put me in awe with your smile, and the reassuring way you look at me. Your eyes so green look at me so admirably that I cant help but smile and tell you just how amazing you are.
Turn around!

Daniel.”

As I turned around I saw Daniel standing with a mic.
“Baby you light up my world like nobody else,
The way you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed
But when you smile to the ground it aint hard to tell
You don’t know you are beautiful…”

He had been a terrible singer but even then he made all this effort just to make me feel special…
As he walked towards me I shut the locker and hugged him.
I leant on the locker, and we kissed…

That day he saved my say. Unknowingly he stopped me from blacklisting another day on the calendar.
I don’t know how he did it, but he always could brighten up even the worst of my days. He could always make me smile and love him even more.
I wish leukemia wouldn’t have taken his life out of him, and he would continue saving my days…

This is my first attempt at writing a short story.
I really need suggestions at how i can make even shorter.
Please help! :)

on Mar. 14 2012 at 11:52 am
BrickByBoringBrick64 SILVER, San Francisco, California

"You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
-Dr. Seuss

This is awesome! I love it and you don't have to fix it because its a perfect short story! :)

on Mar. 2 2012 at 8:40 am
Miranda_K. BRONZE, Donora, Pennsylvania

I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do something I can do.

~ Edward E. Hale

There is nohing you needed to do to this. It's absolutly perfect. I absolutly loved it. <3