Dying Fate Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Dying Fate Chapter 1

February 29, 2012
By DimitriLover2720 BRONZE, Manassas, Virginia
DimitriLover2720 BRONZE, Manassas, Virginia
3 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.
- Taylor Swift


First day of school, one month ago.



Brrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnggg!!!!!!!

I heard the first bell ring and closed my locker door. I walked eight feet and made a left, walking straight into homeroom. I searched the sea of faces, and found the one I was looking for. I pivoted from the door and began walking towards Lucia. She gave a bright smile and a little wave when she saw me.

“Hey, Aria.”

“Hi. Need help?” I asked.

“Yes please. I woke up late and didn’t have any time,” she said, looking grateful and embarrassed. Understandable. I put my stuff down on the desk and walked behind her. I was gathering the hair from the front of her face when she said,

“Have you seen the new kid? He’s totally hot! Better than those Ohio band students we saw at the ‘Cherry Blossom Festival’.” Her violet eyes were radiating with excitement.
I laughed. “Really? I didn’t think that was possible.”

“Oh, it’s possible. You have to see him. Totally breathtaking.” She said dreamily, while sighing. “Oh, you like my new outfit? Got it all at Wet Seal on sale.”

She stood up after I finished putting on a white flower clip in her hair that I styled half up-half down. She wore an off-shoulder peach shirt that had her lacy white bra strap showing, a light orange skirt that hit her mid-thigh, and a pair of one inch gold sandals. She was wearing twelve thin gold bangles on her right hand and a gold charm bracelet on the other. She wore long gold earrings made of intertwining loops and a gold necklace with a heart on it. Her light chestnut bangs covered her left eye, leaving only one visible. Her cheeks were shimmering and her rose colored lips were glossy.

“You look like a giant peach. A cute peach, but still a peach,” I said, holding back a smile.

“As long as cute is in there, I’m all right.” She said shooting me a thumbs-up. I laughed and sat down in my seat as the first day of school began. We got our schedules, and the bell rang, as we began pouring out of the classrooms.


1st Period

AP Physics

2nd Period

Italian ???

3rd Period

Honors World History

4th Period

AP Art

-
Lunch -

5th Period

AP Art

6th Period

AP Calculus

7th Period

AP English Literature & Composition


“You’re soooo smart.” Lucia said, looking at my schedule, as we walked to first period.
“I feel like a freaking brainiac,” I groaned. “I don’t know why they gave me smart people classes. I’m stupid.” I said, while flipping my dark brown, almost black, hair over my shoulder.
“No you’re not. You’ve had AP and Honors classes since freshman year. You’re a total genius!”
“Whatever. I don’t really care about my other classes. I’m just glad I got English Literature & Composition.”
“Who’s the teacher for that? Shiring right?”
“Yup. He’s awesome. I get to see sparkles and glitter again!”
Lucia laughed. “Yeah. And it’s even more awesome that I have the class with you. I wonder what the new kids schedule is.”
“You’re a stalker. You’re gonna end up in jail one day for stalking.”
“I am not a stalker! I’m just curious,” she said defensively. “Besides, have you seen him?! He’s hot. Like, the kind of hot that makes you stop in the middle of the road and get hit by traffic! Smoking hot!” She looked around, then leaned into me, as if telling me a secret. “And he’s single!” She whisper-shouted to me.
“Did he say that to you?”
“No, I haven’t talked to him yet. But, it’s so obvious he is.”
“…….. S-T-A-L-K-E-R. Stalker.” I said, as if speaking to a child.
She glared at me as we walked into class, and sat down in our seats. The classroom was filled with chatter when Mr. Miller walked in.
“Hey there, homos!!!” He shouted. We all stopped talking and stared at him.
“What? You’re all Homo sapiens. Get used to it.” He shrugged. We all burst out laughing. I leaned into Lucia.
“I’m going to like him.”
“Me, too. We’re such lucky homos to have him.” We exploded into giggles, until from the corner of my eye I saw a dark figure enter the class and go to Mr. Miller’s desk.
“Ahhhh…….thank you, Mr. Andrews,” he said. “Class! This is our new student, Keith Andrews. Make him feel at home.” I turned toward the front, bracing myself for some weird physco freak. But the guy standing in front of the classroom, proved me wrong.
I sat there, wide-eyed, gawking at him. Very attractive, I’m sure. O………M………G……… He wore dark blue jeans and a black button-down shirt, both which complimented his healthy tan skin. The silver chain on his jeans and black combat boots made him look even sexier. But his most mesmerizing features were his hair and eyes. His hair was a golden color that shone like sunlight and his piercing eyes were a deep icy blue color that you could get lost in. His eyes breezed over the class. And slammed straight into mine.
I held his gaze as I felt something shoot through me. I could tell there was a blush creeping up to my face. I quickly turned away.
“Omigosh! He’s in this class! How lucky are we?!” Lucia said excitedly. I didn’t answer. I couldn’t think about anything except those eyes. Those hauntingly beautiful eyes. The way he looked at me.
“Awianna’s. You o-tay? ” Lucia said.
“Huh? What? Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little out of it. You know, first day jitters.” I said flustering.
“Are you sure?” Concern filled her heart-shaped face.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Let’s just focus on Physics, kay?”
“Kay kay.”
“Ms. Madison!” said Mr. Miller. “Is the seat next to you vacant?”
I looked to my left and nodded. “Yes, sir.”
“Good, good. Mr. Andrews that is now your seat!”
“All right,” he said with a deep sexy voice that send shivers down my spine, and started walking over. Next to me Lucia squealed and elbowed me.
“Omigershness!! He’s going to sit right next to you!!!!!!”
“Whatever. It’s not a big deal.” I lied, putting in as much of my Aria Madison bravado in it.
“Not a big --” She gave a little shriek and turned away blushing. I could say I didn’t notice why, but I would be lying, because I did. He was right there. Sitting only a foot away from me. I gave him a little glance from the corner of my eye, the only thing that showed I acknowledged him, then turned away as if I didn’t care.
“What are you doing? Say something! Talk to him!” Lucia whispered to me viciously.
“I don’t want to talk to him. Why don’t you?”
“Because he’s not sitting right next to me! And didn’t you see the way he looked at you?” Gotta give girl some credit for noticing.
“No. No I didn’t see it. Now, I’m trying to focus on class, so please shut the heck up.” I said snapping.
“Ok, gosh.” Lucia said, looking a little hurt.
“Look, Luce, I’m sorry. I’m just really stressed you know? And with dance coming up and making the choreography.”
“Are you still helping Ms. Puff?”
“Course. Ms. Puff is awesome. Remember the comment on our ‘erotic’ faces? That was hilarious.”
“Why do we call her Ms. Puff again?”
“I don’t know, Lizzie and Haley wouldn’t tell me.”
“I can’t believe their in college now! It’s so weird.”
“Well, they are two years older then us. It would be weird if they weren’t.”
“You know what I mean.”
I smiled and shook my head while my hand hit my notebook, knocking my notebook of my desk. I bended over to get it and stretched out my arm when it hit someone else’s. I looked up to find Keith’s face, merely inches away from mine. I looked into his eyes stopped breathing. He picked up the notebook and handed it to me, as I stupidly climbed back up.
“Thanks.” I mumbled as I quickly turned away. He stayed silent. This is going to be a LONG year.