Under the Winter Trees

"Close your eyes." I felt his hands on my shoulders as he guided me someplace. He stopped. He wrapped his hands around mine and dropped a small something into my open palms. I snuck a peek at what he was doing.
"You peeked!"
"Did not!"
"Keep your eyes shut," he said laughing.
"Alright you can open your eyes." My eyes shot open and my mouth dropped.
It was dark out, and moonlight shimmered on the ground through the bare trees. Our breath blew out of our mouths like warm swirls in the cold night air. I opened my palm revealing a small chocolate kiss. I stared at it for a moment then looked up into his face. His soft chocolate brown eyes stared lovingly into mine. His face was so close and it made my heart race with excitement and something else. Something I couldn't quite put my finger on. Something special, but that was all I could tell.
"Happy Valentines day," he whispered. His breath was warm on my face and his soft hand held my cheek. He leaned closer and kissed my lips ever so softly.
"I love you," he said. I smiled because I noticed something.
"I love you too."

torilutz8 said...
The imagery is out of this world!! Loved it :)

greenyman said...
I really liked this. The imagery of this really painted a picture in my mind. 

JesusFreak3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
awwww! that's really cute.

BrianaK said...
aaawww. It reminds me of my v-day surprize but with no kiss. ever had a first kiss. :(

NinjaMonster123This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Awww! That's so adorable!! :)

Becca17 said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 7:54 am
awwwwwww! love it!

withloveXDThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i like it its really neat

team_haymitchThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
adorable! i like it. and p.s. Every Kiss technically begins with E

futurenovelist1577This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aww this is so cute! It's like one of those "Every Kiss Begins With K" commercials...wish i could have a moment like this....Keep writing!

Nicole620 replied...
This is a really cute piece. It was on the short side, but I don't know if you intentionally did that, or if that was just what happened. This was a very sweet novel (every girl's dream!), but it is a huge jump from kiss (was it her first kiss) to the "I love you"s. "I love you" is a powerful phrase, but I think it works well for this piece. Just go back and fill in the gap. Where did the meet? How long have they been together? How old are they? Those are some questions I had while reading this.... (more »)