Less than Three | Teen Ink

Less than Three

By RejectedMonster BRONZE, Troy, Ohio
RejectedMonster BRONZE, Troy, Ohio

Carpe Diem

The sound of something pounding on the window woke me up that night. I groaned and stared sleepily at the window trying to make out who it was through the blurry glaze of drowsiness that encased my eyes. I finally gave up and just stumbled toward it to see Tabby studying me through the thin glass. I opened the window and leaned against the wall as she climbed through the square opening. My head was cast down, so I could hide my embarrassment. I was a wiry, awkward teenager, and was not thrilled about a girl appearing in my room while I was half naked.

“I-If my mom hears you she'll kill me. Tabby, why are you here?” I asked quietly. She walked over to me and glared. Her hair was messy and she was wearing an oversized t-shirt and baggy, flannel pajama bottoms. She was adorable, even when she looked as if she were about to gouge my eyes out.

“Do you not want me here?” she snapped at me.

“No th-that's not it. I just, I-I don't know. I'm just tired. I'm sorry.” Tabby's face softened slightly.

“I just missed you and I thought I'd stop by. I'm not having a really good night,” she explained. She was acting strange she never acted like this. Tabby was always loud and demanding, and she never thought it was necessary to explain herself to anyone.

“What's wrong?” I asked her.

Tabby glanced awkwardly around while nibbling on her lower lip. “I've been thinking about us a lot lately. That I may like you more than just, just never mind.” She turned away from me.

“T-Tabby don't leave, please. I-I like you too, and, and,” I struggled to get the right words out. My voice was gone and my cheeks were splotched with redness. I grabbed her wrist and turned her back towards me.

“I wanna be with you,” Tabby said to me, and her eyes were so big and wide. She led me to my bed and we sat down on the lumpy mattress.

I was nervous. Tabby, she always made me this way. Her green eyes glowed in the little light that streaked the darkened room. Her hands brushed my brown, dusty hair from the clammy flesh of my forehead. Tabby was getting closer. I was trembling, but she pretended not to notice. Her mess of obsidian curls tickled my neck as she cornered me, no escape now. I swallowed and pulled her closer, capturing her soft lips. Her eyes were wide with utter shock as my curious tongue explored her mouth. Tabby didn't expect this, but hell I didn't even expect this. I was never spontaneous like this, but I wanted this first kiss to be special. Finally, her tongue began to elegantly dance with mine. Passion swam through my veins, arteries, and to my fluttering heart. The kiss lasted for what seemed like an eternity. After she withdrew we were tangled together in a mess of limbs and strands of hair. Tabby looked into my shadowy eyes and gave me a shaky smile. Her body shivered in my arms, head snuggled up against my pounding chest.

“I love you, Julian,” she whispered, sending chills down my spine.

“I-I love you too.”

I just started writing and this was the result. I think it's a rather cute story.