Kiss me in the Rain

Jessica didn't mind walking to class in the morning and she didn't mind rain, but together they were a mess. Even underneath her purple umbrella, she was still getting drops of rain in her hair. Slowly, the straight strands of dirty blonde hair were becoming curly despite her efforts. Jessica's favorite song was blasting from her headphones in her ears. Her phone buzzed in her pocket. She fumbled to wipe off her wet hands and pull out her phone. As soon as she saw who the message was from her, heart started beating faster.

Hey

The message read. It was from Him.

Hi:)

She responded carefully deciding whether to put a smiley face. She figure it couldn't hurt and sent the message.

What are you doing?

What should she say? The truth? That was probably the best.

Walking in the rain to class :

The rain was really pounding on her umbrella now like tiny grenades falling from the PMSing mother nature.

Ever been kissed in the rain?

That was it. The one thing that made her heart beat even faster. Her fingers fumbled as she typed the response.

No...? Why?

What could he possibly mean by that? Why did guys have to be so confusing. She pulled out one of her headphones in an attempt to dry it off. Then, came another vibration from her phone.

Look behind you.

Slowly, she turned around with a breathless look in her eyes. Her heart was beating so loud it sounded like a drum in her ears. And there he was. Walking only a few feet behind her. Jessica turned completely, utterly shocked. He walked right up to her, cupped her face and kissed her. The blood rushed to her face as her hands and umbrella fell to her side. He was kissing her. Right there. In the rain. Then he pulled away smiling. Her phone buzzed.

I love you.

It was perfect

ElvenGlory said...
Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:48 am:
What a sweet and wonderful story! Loved it!!!!

Daphne said...
Feb. 20, 2012 at 6:15 am:
aww! I loved this story :) It has such a sweet ending! If only my life was this perfect

Caroline S. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18, 2012 at 2:42 pm:
This is a lovely story. It's so simple and adorable.

BabyBlue04 said...
Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:38 am:
I loved it a lot. very few grammatical errors. very simple and to the point XD

. replied...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 3:12 pm :
Thank you!

PoetryAngel14 said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:21 pm:
awww! That was the sweetest thing i've ever read. It made me laugh and cry...the perfect story :) really great job.

Softballlover3015 replied...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:07 am :
Thank you!

Art-Writing44This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:33 pm:
so sweet and innocent :) its the perfect simple moment that every girl dreams of :) loved it!

Softballlover3015 replied...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:09 am :
Thank You!

ginger1993 said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:30 pm:
so sweet and almost made me cry. :)

Softballlover3015 replied...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:11 am :
Thank you!

invisibleme said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 8:48 am:
Sweet, innocent, and breathtaking. Loved it!

Softballlover3015 replied...
Feb. 17, 2012 at 11:12 am :
Thank you!