Mistakes I can't take back | Teen Ink

Mistakes I can't take back

It was just a joke that went to far, I never meant to loose you in the process. Out of all of them you were the only one that could make me laugh until I cried. When I had nightmares, you were the one I called, and you would listen as tears clogged my throat and wait until I wait until I calmed down. You used to sit on my steps and wait until I came out to yell that you were making my little brother upset. It was you that came over every Saturday because you knew I would be grounded from last weeks math test. You would rush to my defense in front of every one if they blamed me for putting milk in with the fish sticks. You sat by me on the bus when no one else would because they were afraid they would catch my "disease." You were the one that would tell me I would make it one day by playing my guitar, even if no one else thought so. And last year, when I was sick with the measles you sat by my bed and talked even though by the end of the first week you had caught them too. Now your gone just because of a stupid prank, for a stupid laugh with strangers I didn't even know. Now I would do anything in the world to take it back, just as I would've done anything in the world to be with you.

on Feb. 6 2012 at 11:29 am
Maggie.l BRONZE, Waukesha, Wisconsin
I like how you showed the narrator regretful of her decisions, and that she has lost something very valuable very easily. It's an interesting lesson. However, I think you could work on your grammar and spelling: there's a few mistakes throughout that you could fix. Good job on your story!

123456789 said...
on Feb. 6 2012 at 6:55 am
Awwwwwhhh that's really pretty but sad:(