Together

I love you.
I always will.
Need I explain?
Three words for you,
I. Love. You.

I am so sorry,
I am not always there for you.
Do you miss me when I am away?
I miss you,
I love you.

I love you.
Why do you love me?
I live so far away,
I am not there for you,
Although I wish I could be.
Why do you love me?

I love you.
I would do anything for you.
Do you know how much I wish was there with you?
I would give anything to live near you,
'Stead of on the other side of the continent.
I miss you so much.

I love you.
I wish you were here.
I wish I was there.
I wish we could be together.
I love you.

L7SquariaN This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:34 am:
Last stanza: "I wish you were here. I wish I was there." Switch places. Profit?

Anyways... I enjoyed the simplicity of this poem, which envelopes a much more complex dilemma. I am also in a similar situation, yet the distance is not geographical, but rather temporal.

SilverSunThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like how the last stanza is filled with everything from the earlier stanzas. I do agree that it could be more original, but i think this is fine too!

Donahue8 said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:32 pm:
It's good. However, try to avoid stereotypical ideas and topics. Try to come up with new and creative things, or even a new way of wording the old things. It is also a little repetitive, but I'm not saying it's bad! and don't stop writing!!

-Ash-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:38 pm :
thank you so much for honest feedback! :D

AddisonLauren said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 2:36 pm:
A little too repetitive but it was a nice piece. I did like it.

Xatyrn said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 2:00 am:
I can relate to this. I've been in a long distance relationship for a year now, and I've many long distance friends. Good luck with your relations to this person. :3

Feb. 5, 2012 at 3:41 am :
thanks :)

MissShah said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 7:12 am:
gud job! :]

Aaka131 said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 11:59 pm:
This is great and I as well hope that one day you will get to be closer to this person. This poem truly seems to come from the heart and readers can feel the emotion behind it, awesome job:)

Feb. 4, 2012 at 2:40 am :
thank you! it means alot :)

-Ash-This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 12:45 am:
thanks! its really hard and its a little different than most relationships i have been in, but i wouldnt trade it for anything :)

ethan_bane_hope said...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 12:29 am:
hope it lets me post this. it was pretty good. sounds like you put lots of emotion onto it and i also hope you live closer to this person

Feb. 3, 2012 at 12:47 am :
oops ment to reply to this, oh well :P

Mary B. said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 10:09 am:
This is so beautiful. I hope someday you get to live closer to this person. I know how painful that can be, so i'm sorry. If you wouldn't mind reading my short story, and maybe commenting if you have enough time, it ould mean a lot :) thanks!

Feb. 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm :
Thank you! :) whats the title of your story?

Mary replied...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 3:33 pm :
Oh sorry! I forgot to put it. It's called 'Secrets in the Night'