Love Gone Wrong | Teen Ink

Love Gone Wrong

January 25, 2012
By Anonymous

After school on Friday, Troy approached his best friend, Andrew, “Hey man, I heard that Mya is having a party tonight. You want to check it out?”

Andrew was reluctant to answer; he wanted to just chill. Troy did not understand how tired Andrew was from basketball all week. However, Andrew knew the status he had to maintain.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll go for a little bit,” Andrew answered.

Troy and Andrew were best friends. Their birthdays were just two days apart and they have been friends since they were born. The two boys did almost everything together. So it was no surprise that the boys would party together.

Hours later, Troy and Andrew arrived at the party. Cars lined the street and the music was blaring. Everyone was at this party. It was at Mya’s house, which was more like the Four Seasons hotel. The boys knew this would be the party of the year.

As they entered the party, Troy wandered off from Andrew. Andrew then decided to head towards the kitchen, darting in and out of people as they said hi and high fived the star basketball player. Andrew liked being the center of attention, but he just was not in the mood tonight.

When he finally made it through the gauntlet, Andrew was already tired of the madness. He pulled out his phone and sent Troy a text telling him that he was leaving. Andrew then quickly crept out the back door.

He was making the long walk back to his car when he noticed someone else leaving too.

“Was the party too much for you, too?” he asked.

Startled, she jumped around and said, “Oh uh yeah. My friend dragged me here.”

Andrew laughed, knowing that they had that problem in common. He decided to keep the conversation going.

“Yeah the same thing happened to me. I’m Andrew by the way.”

“Hi, I’m McKinley.”

“I haven’t seen you around school before. Do you go here?”

McKinley explained, “I start on Monday. I just moved here, because my mom’s family friend lives here and says it is a great place. However, do you think you can give me a ride home?”

Andrew agreed to that. So on the car ride home a lot of small talk was made. The two realized they had a lot in common; their favorite sport was basketball, both loved tacos, Zoolander is their favorite movie, and they both want to be a doctor. By the time Andrew got to McKinley’s house, they had plans to hang out for the next day.

Over the next few weeks, they would spend all their free time with each other and they became Facebook official. They both stopped seeing their other friends. It all seemed to be going great until about two months later when the newness started to fade. Andrew was hanging out with Troy and his other friends again. However, when he was with his friends McKinley would get really mad and feel jealous. It all happened out of nowhere.

“I thought you loved me. You should be hanging out with me and not them,” she would often say.

“No you are being obsessive. I can’t be with you all the time,” Andrew confessed.

Hearing this did not make her happy. She left his house in a rush and started plotting her revenge. After hours of thinking, she decided she would kill Troy to make Andrew closer to her.

That night, she followed Troy home from guitar lessons. He was driving in front of him and she decided to ram her car into the back of his causing him to swerve off a bridge. The crash instantly killed him.

Two days later, McKinley showed up at Andrew’s house.

“Hi. I’m so sorry about Troy,” McKinley said.

“Who would do something like that? He was such a nice guy. I can’t believe someone would just leave him at an accident like that.”

The next days were hard for Andrew. McKinley was trying to be supportive, but he was still pushing himself away from her.

“I can’t be with you right now. It’s overwhelming. I need to get myself together first,” Andrew told her.

This made McKinley go psycho. She completely lost her mind. She now knew what she had to do.

The next night McKinley broke into Andrew’s house. She woke him up and he freaked out.

“What are you doing here?!”

“Keeping you to myself,” was her reply.

He was confused and scared, because she pulled out a gun and confessed that she killed Troy. Then, abruptly, she shot Andrew right in the heart.

“Oh Andrew…now we can be together forever. See you soon,” were McKinley’s final words.