Forever Intertwined | Teen Ink

Forever Intertwined

By TheDoctorsDaughter BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
TheDoctorsDaughter BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

"ALLONS-Y!"

She smoothes the bright red lipstick over her lips, trying to steady her hand, although it’s hard to concentrate when he’s looking at her like that.
Angela: So you know Mrs. Baker from down the street is getting a new car. She said she’s been saving up for the past couple of years… [pause] I was thinking maybe we should get a new car. I mean, I’ve been thinking about it for a while now, and we have enough money saved up for one, so why not?
James: I don’t think that’s such a good idea, Ange. I mean, weren’t we gonna save up for something else? Like say, a new house?
Angela: But we need a new car, James. We’ve needed a new one for the past 4 years!
James: But think about it Ange! We could make it our own. Make it our own house. Just you and me… Cause I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
Angela: James, what are you-
James: [gets down on one knee, pulls a red velvet box from his pocket, and opens it] Angela Lynn Summers, will you marry me?
Angela: [gasp] James! It’s beautiful!
[Sitting in the box is an engagement ring]
James: Ange? [Angela looks up at James] I want to be with you for the rest of my life, through thick and thin.
Angela: [smiling] James Marcus Rhodes, I would be honored to be your wife.
James: [stands up, takes the ring out of the box, and slides it onto Angela’s finger] Mrs. Angela Lynn Rhodes. My wife.
Angela: Mr. James Marcus Rhodes. My husband. [her hands wrap around his neck as she steps In closer]
[They gaze into each other’s eyes and kiss, pressing against each other so that the sunlight peeking through the window makes their silhouette look like one.]