Unrequited Love

What is unrequited love? Unrequited love is when he's all you think about, but to him you're just some girl that sits near him at lunch that he occasionally talks to. It's when you try your hardest too get him to notice you, but your efforts are in vain. You want to give up on this lost cause, but you can't; you have too many strong feelings for him. He's the one you can't help but trust, but the only thing he trusts you with is knowing how to solve algebra problems. Every time the two of you talk, you feel like bursting with sunshine; he's just bored and thinks, "Thank goodness she knows how to find the midpoint of a line segment." At lunch, you're so happy to be around him that you can't help but smile the whole time. All he does is chat idly with his somehow-better-than-me-for-reasons-I-don't-know friends, sharing laughs you desperately long to be shared with you. When the two of you are together, he texts his other friends. Yet, when you're not there, he never answers your messages. No matter how much your heart aches for this one person, for these few but powerful feelings to be returned, it just doesn't happen. To him, you're just some girl. Some algebra-knowing, talkative girl who will never receive what she longs to get. Not from him, anyways.

ZingaraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is great! I love that the ending isn't a decisive stop of the story... it leaves room to think and imagine. Very good :)

StellaDPloom replied...
Sept. 30, 2012 at 12:13 pm :
Thanks! :)

writer3499 said...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:31 am:
This is amazing!! IT really sad and must stink to have that happen but it was beautiful I loved everyword...fantastic! Would you mind checking out some of my work? Thanks! But this is awesome...5 stars!!!

StellaDPloom replied...
Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:53 am :
Thanks! Of course I'll check out your work! You're welcome to read any of my other stories, if you'd like :)

HarryPotterLover30 said...
One word: AWWWWWWWWW! I have experienced this; it sucks, to make it blunt. This was really good, and I can totally relate. :)

StellaDPloom replied...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:19 am :
Thanks. :) I think I wrote this for English class right around when said person asked out my best friend. Not fun. I submitted a new story, so watch for it soon :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:09 pm :
best freind as in best friend or best friend as in twin....... just wanted to know, and I feel bad for you. No one should go through it... and i will look out for that story! :)

StellaDPloom replied...
Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:57 pm :
Best Friend... and yeah, but it's fine now. Life always makes for good stories.

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 15, 2012 at 6:22 pm :

Oh. Well, at least he didn't ask out your twin! That would have been horrible! But wait, doesn't that make your best friend a bad friend? I mean if my best friends crush asked me out, I would say no, even if I liked him, because she would get hurt if I said yes. If your best friend said yes, then you might want to rethink your choice of best friend. :( Sorry, but going out with the guy your best friend is not being a very good friend. At all.

A Devoted Reader (Peyton Cardoza)

StellaDPloom replied...
Apr. 15, 2012 at 6:26 pm :
I don't really mind... She's not a bad friend, and the two of them are so happy haha I could never be mad. It's fine now :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:35 pm :
Maybe I'm just that kinda person, but i'de be kinda hecka mad.........